Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having trouble with cold starts, and after seeing a good few threads here and elsewhere about the 1.4 kW starters being too weak for these engines (especially in the cold and with age) I'm looking at replacing mine with a new/remanufactured one. However there are quite a few out there and I'm not familiar with a lot of these brands, so does anyone have any recommendations?

Or can anyone even suggest what would be compatible with my car? There seems to be a lot of variations out there, and differences in the amount of teeth -does this need to be matched?

Service Box tells me this, if it means anything:
STARTER MOTOR CL 4

And in the parts section it lists these:
MITSUBISHI M 000 T 85381
BOSCH 0 001 108 183
MITSUBISHI M 001 T 80082
BOSCH 0 001 107 063
VALEO (DEMARR) D 7 R 27
BOSCH 0 001 108 176
VALEO (DEMARR) D6 RA 107
MITSUBISHI M 000 T 82081
VALEO (DEMARR) D 7 R 26

Now I currently have one of the Mitsubishis above but I don't know which exactly as the label was removed when I got it reconditioned a while back (which didn't improve things by much). But all of the above I've tried searching for so far are 1.4 kW units so I should probably avoid them anyway?

I'm pretty sure it's the starter at this stage, I've already wasted money on glow plugs, etc. Battery seems good. Diagnostics show nothing obviously wrong, except that the starter is cranking too slowly when cold - it can take several seconds to get over 250 RPM if the outdoor temps are below 10 or so.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm having trouble with cold starts, and after seeing a good few threads here and elsewhere about the 1.4 kW starters being too weak for these engines (especially in the cold and with age) I'm looking at replacing mine with a new/remanufactured one. However there are quite a few out there and I'm not familiar with a lot of these brands, so does anyone have any recommendations?

Or can anyone even suggest what would be compatible with my car? There seems to be a lot of variations out there, and differences in the amount of teeth -does this need to be matched?

Service Box tells me this, if it means anything:
STARTER MOTOR CL 4

And in the parts section it lists these:
MITSUBISHI M 000 T 85381
BOSCH 0 001 108 183
MITSUBISHI M 001 T 80082
BOSCH 0 001 107 063
VALEO (DEMARR) D 7 R 27
BOSCH 0 001 108 176
VALEO (DEMARR) D6 RA 107
MITSUBISHI M 000 T 82081
VALEO (DEMARR) D 7 R 26

Now I currently have one of the Mitsubishis above but I don't know which exactly as the label was removed when I got it reconditioned a while back (which didn't improve things by much). But all of the above I've tried searching for so far are 1.4 kW units so I should probably avoid them anyway?

I'm pretty sure it's the starter at this stage, I've already wasted money on glow plugs, etc. Battery seems good. Diagnostics show nothing obviously wrong, except that the starter is cranking too slowly when cold - it can take several seconds to get over 250 RPM if the outdoor temps are below 10 or so.
What did you eventually buy ??

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the starter from aapoldham on eBay as linked previously, and it's been good so far. The cranking speed is significantly faster, and it seems to start ok on cold mornings - no more comically slow cranking and being surrounded in a cloud of smoke. Hopefully it'll stay like this when it gets colder.

The customer service was very good too. I had a few questions about the connections (the terminals are a bit different, and you'll need to fit a spade connector on one the wires) and they were all answered promptly.

G

·
0 Posts
Its very nice of you to post up some positive feedback regarding your purchase.

Glad it sorted your car out..:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts