Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got a replacement radio to replace the stock one that came with my 2002 206. I bought a wiring harness to save doing any wire work.

I had some trouble in getting the ISO connectors to come out of the stock radio, which I asked on here and managed to get them out the other day so I'm hoping someone will be able to provide ideas for why my new radio won't turn on.

The stock came with the 2 ISO connectors which are designed so you can't get these mixed up when putting these in the harness, but it also came with another connector (green in the photo). I think it might be a CD player, but not too sure as I don't know much about cars.

Long red wire from the harness is attached to a bolt on the drivers side, which I think is ground. There is already a sat nav which is hardwired to the same bolt, which works fine and turns on when ignition switch is turned on.

Just wondering if I have missed anything. Some photos attached of the back of radio, plus where I have put ground.

Radio itself doesn't show anything on the display when pressing button to turn on, and battery hasn't been disconnected so unlikely to need a radio code.

Many thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
The long red wire is a power so should not be earthed it needs power

The blue plug feeds the dash display it wont matter.

Standard radios have 2 powers 1 is live constantly this keeps the memory on the radio etc the other is a switched power so radio goes off with ignition.

Problem is you have picked 1 of the most confusing cars to learn on due to peugeots slightly eccentric wiring systems !!

If your not sure get an auto electrician to sort it as its easy to mess things up and do damage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts