Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I need to replace the horn on my 2003 boxer based camper van. Many of the horns on the likes of eBay are not suitable for my model year for some reason or other. Has anyone replaced the horn on a 2003 boxer and if so , where did you get it and can you remember the part number? I saw an OEM horn - part no. 6236H7 - advertised but it was about £29 + delivery. Seems a bit expensive to me.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
There are basically 2 types of horn fitted to vehicles 1 has 2 wires the other has 1 wire the only difference is how they are switched ANY horn can be fitted just buy 1 with the same type of fitting either 1 or 2 wire i have a renault horn on my subaru as the subaru horn sounded crap

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are basically 2 types of horn fitted to vehicles 1 has 2 wires the other has 1 wire the only difference is how they are switched ANY horn can be fitted just buy 1 with the same type of fitting either 1 or 2 wire i have a renault horn on my subaru as the subaru horn sounded crap
Thanks for your reply Reliable 406. I will have a look at the connections when I get round to taking the old horn out. I was just a bit concerned as most of the ones I saw on eBay stated that they were unsuitable for my particular vehicle when I inputted my vans model and year on the site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If yours is one wire (what i doubt) It will be the earth missing s0 your live from your loom will go to horn and the spare spade on the horn feed a wire to the body or horn fixing mount.

Horn is easy, getting into the inner wing is a pain if that is where it is on your van :) Also if you have a B&M Stores near you there do air horn for under a tenner. Proper trumpet jobs that will burst an ear drum :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If yours is one wire (what i doubt) It will be the earth missing s0 your live from your loom will go to horn and the spare spade on the horn feed a wire to the body or horn fixing mount.

Horn is easy, getting into the inner wing is a pain if that is where it is on your van :) Also if you have a B&M Stores near you there do air horn for under a tenner. Proper trumpet jobs that will burst an ear drum :D
OK, thanks for that. I'm waiting till the weather warms up a bit before tackling the removal !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts