Peugeot Forums banner

Replacement Exhaust System

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Baelfire 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I have a 2004 307cc, the 2.0 Auto, which I think is the 138bhp model.
My exhaust is blowing from somewhere, which is VERY clear and I am going to get it fixed at some point, due to this COVID-19 situation it’s not quite as easy to do right now.
I’ve searched online but I’m not very good with knowing exactly what parts are for my particular model.

Would any of you know the rough price of house much an exhaust system would be for my Peugeot?

My MOT is due in June, so I’m trying to weigh up the cost of fixing him up so he’s not shouting his way to and from work!!
I am not sure where the exhaust is blowing from, so I figure “worse case” scenario for a whole exhaust system. As I also need to address the emissions on the next MOT as well as it only just scraped through last year.

I was going to get a new car, but this 307cc has done me so well over the last 6 years and only has done 52,500 miles genuine!! Plus, I’m the summer being a convertible it’s great fun!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Try a ebay search to give you a idea of price range for the system as a whole. Although the dealers are closed a few independents are still working. The couriers are still delivering. This MOT holiday is controversial to say the least. Although the government has declared a 6 month stay of execution my garage is still doing them as the system is still live. On top of that the guy who owns the garage found out that the insurance companies have made it known that as far as they are concerned if any car is involved in a accident and the MOT is not up to date then the Insurance is null and void. It seems the government did not liase with them to ensure this standoff would not happen!

#3 ·
The exhaust is standard 2 litre CC specific exhaust you would need to check where its blowing though as they can sometimes just blow at a joint especially the front one and this can potentially be a cheap fix.

As for emissions they always tend to just scrape through a good blast around prior to the test can be enough to get it lower.

#4 ·
Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it.
I have been very lucky and not spent much on the car in repairs, just the general of brakes, pads, back box 6 years ago and tyres. Putting aside the annoying engine management light which I had seen too 4 times, then last year used a different garage and they managed to fix it and keep the light turned out lol!
I am thinking that being as it’s served me so well, it’s worth spending £££ on it. Especially seeing as the only other car I’d love at the moment is the new 208 GT! But I have to admit my ‘Baelfire’ he looks like a lot more than £700 car - especially now I’ve washed and T cut him during my spare lockdown hours lol!!

#5 ·
You need to jack it up safely and run your hands along to see where it’s coming from
You need to do this with a cold engine ideally and you will only have a minute or so.

Some people use wd40 or water but I find this ways just as easy. Look for dark black marks around joins too as they do show soot where there’s a hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Every time the engine diagnostic light illuminated on my old 206 it was always a slight leak at one of the exhaust joints.

Fixing the leak would put the light out within a couple of engine starts.

#8 ·
My back part is rusted nearly through on the tail, I live by the sea so corrosion happens a lot and I have a feeling the back box was a cheap replacement when I done it 5 years ago, as it rusted within a few weeks.
Thank you for all the replies, I’ll be taking it to a garage when I can. I’m lucky enough to still be working so need to find the time and see if my garage is still open

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.