Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I hate asking for help but I'm lost because I don't have a clue!

Not 100% sure at this moment in time if it dropped a valve, braking a conrod which cracked my block also sheered off all the bolts holding flywheel to crankshaft so need a replacement engine but which one? :confused:

My code on the sticker on cam cover is DV6E E5 BVM (308 2011) would this engine do the job DV6DTED or not really.

All ideas/comments are very welcome!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
DV6 is engine family
A B C D E etc is revision type

E5 is euro 5 emissions

BVM means manual box

TED is 8 valve TED4 is 16 valve

Your best to read your vin and it will have ANOTHER code relating to the engine 3 digits
9HP 9HX 9HZ etc as this is how most refer to them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy hell! Talk about self destruct! How many million rpm was the engine doing when this occurred? :D
Hi stevoxsi,

LoL not to sure 2500 to 3000 at a guess had a knock after her in doors had been down the motorway, but there was another noise that came in at higher rpm (maybe Turbo) but only guessing but it's all quite now LoL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy hell! Talk about self destruct! How many million rpm was the engine doing when this occurred? :D
DV6 is engine family
A B C D E etc is revision type

E5 is euro 5 emissions

BVM means manual box

TED is 8 valve TED4 is 16 valve

Your best to read your vin and it will have ANOTHER code relating to the engine 3 digits
9HP 9HX 9HZ etc as this is how most refer to them
Hi reliable,

Very informative wasn't to sure what the codes stood for apart from DV6 being 1.6.
Yes Vin is 9HP and the engine is 16 valve so the engine I've been looking at (DV6DTED) is no good then.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That is correct you need a TED4

To be honest as long as it is 16 valve and correct turbo then most of the other differences between versions are to do with its final location most engines will fit most cars best to get 1 as complete as possible and change as little as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts