Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the DPF is nearing the end of its life, I'd rather replace it before it starts to cause any proper problems.

Servicebox lists 2 different ones against my VIN - "OCTO SQUARE PARTICULATE FILTER" and "OCTO SQUARE EST PARTICLE FILTER" but doesn't mention the difference although it does have the same part numbers for all ages.
ECP and CP4L list 2 different ones, but both from 11/2004 to 10/2006 and again don't mention the difference although their own eBay stores list different part numbers which claim to cover the whole 2004-2010 range.
Some other eBay stores list a part which covers the whole 2004-2010 period.

They all look the bloody same - are there really different parts for different ages or is that just rubbish?

And no, I'm not going to remove the DPF.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lists 1 which supposedly covers 11/04 to 09/07, but provides the OE part number which Servicebox lists as up to RPO 10310 where as my car is RPO 11252. Must have missed this one before, although every other RPO range has lots of different part numbers all superseded with the same replacement part numbers but up to 10310 has completely different part numbers with no replacement.
It's not helping. :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah - I'd rather just replace it.
It doesn't actually cause problems (if it did I'd consider it) it's just getting to the end of it's life.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All regens are successful but it doesn't ever clear fully and it fills up quite quickly, so that it now generates on average every 230miles (so twice per tank) which is flagged by Diagbox as "too frequent".
The "miles since replacement" stops counting at 65535km and it's been on that since I bought the car 30kmiles ago so it's been on at least 70k miles and I suspect it might be the original one as it looks just as old as the exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts