Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I may have to get a replacement crankshaft due to the bolt for the crank pulley being snapped off inside during the replacement of the cam belt.

I have been looking at second hand options due to the price, but wondered if there was a difference in a used crankshaft from an automatic / manual.

My car is a 307 xsi 2.0 petrol if that makes any difference.

Thanks a lot for the help so far and thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
117 Posts
You should be able to get it out with heat and special tool, in the worst case you may have to drill out the old bolt and make new threads.

It will have to be done by an experienced mechanic and the drill hole have to be dead center and to do so maybe the engine need to be out of the car or the crankshaft out of the engine, the heat can destroy your crankshaft seal but i would remove it and the oil pan if heat and special tool is used also the special tool must be of good quality so it does not break.

I dont have the english name for the different special tools but i would try everything before i bought a new crankshaft even a replacement used engine, hope you figure it out just dont give up there is always an option.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Autos and manuals are the same crank BUT there are 2 versions of your engine and the crank differs at the bottom pulley end as i said on your other thread cheapest option would be a replacement engine as engine needs to come out to replace the crank !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Just trying to look into all options. A replacement engine does sound like the best option but more cost. I have been looking into second hand engines and a breakers yard has asked if its the RFU code engine? does anyone know where I would be able to find out what code my engine has? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts