Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further my post reference Trickle/Maintenance chargers.

Going to replace the battery soonest anyway- (subject to MOT on Friday) A couple of possible power related incidents, clock re-setting, wife recons a few other "funny" things have happened. Sure sign for me of a new battery needed me thinks. Can't moan, 10 yo next month. Only just realised how old it was thinking about it now. Original battery.

I presume radio code will be lost ( can't remember if we have the code??). If I just follow the battery change/disconnect procedure I won't have any problems or is it worth using a memory minder ?? Can I mess it up??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Coded to the car, shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you follow the procedure and you should be fine, 10 years ain't bad, got 13 years with one on a 309.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my 1.6 hdi with a original battery from 2007 is still going strong at least on the battery front. I have disconnected the battery many times with no special procedure at all. The longest was maybe 12 hours. My stereo is the one from the factory. I just had to reset the clock and language in the display.

I'm impressed with 13 years battery life on a 309 but i think on a never car like ours with so much electrics 10 years is just as impressive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I might have used this procedure even if i did not know about it. It makes sense that its safer to disconnect/connect power when the computer in the car is off as much as possible. Just in the same way you shouldn't remove the battery from your phone or computer while its operating. But how important is it really? Just restart and everything is fine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts