Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I recently became an owner of a 407 salon (2006) and wondered if anyone was able to help with a couple of quick questions.

1. When replacing the factory audio the are 2 antenna cables fitted (one gray the other is white) which one is the radio antenna and which is the phone arial ?

2. Does the antenna power cable coming out of the factory radio (blue) have a function or is not used although wired into harness? Not sure if it used to power another function other than a 'power antenna'.

I'm asking these I seem to have poor radio performance compared to the factory unit when replaced.

Thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
leave the stock radio in, its more than just a radio. Its how you adjust the settings in the car like time and also setting up bluetooth.

I would strongly advice against changing.

The 407 antenna is in the rear window

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
leave the stock radio in, its more than just a radio. Its how you adjust the settings in the car like time and also setting up bluetooth.

I would strongly advice against changing.

The 407 antenna is in the rear window
Exactly this.
Leave it stock. It was put there by Peugeot so it fits.
As stated you will lose quite a bit of functionality by swapping, yes you might get a fantastic unit to replace the Peugeot one, but it will probably never work quite as well. Or you'll end up with a mess of wires bodged in somewhere (possibly causing an issue elsewhere), so the unit won't go in the dash correctly. Or something rattles when you put it all back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts