Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you are all fit and well.

Right my car has only one key, that's how it was sold to me. I've seen blank keys on ebay, are they worth it? And where would I get one cut?

Is the process just:
1. Buy blank key
2. Get it cut identically
3. Get somebody with planet to link it up

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hey up jazz :thumb:

theres been a massive discussion about this somewhere...i will try and find the thread.

but aslong as the key is a "virgin" key that has had no codes on before it will work. but you have to find a locksmith who will cut the key for you...apparently its like taking your own sandwiches into a cafe.

like i say i will try and find that thread :thumb:

edit: i got a key cut for my current car, at timpsons in morton park, for £75 that was the key cloned, to use as a spare just incase i lose this one. it doesnt have the buttons but it opens the doors and starts the car with no problems :thumb:

edit 2: heres the link http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8816

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate! i ran searches but "new key fob" consists of words too short! grr!

So my guess was right :)

I wont be paying more than 40 all in like. I'd rather have one key...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah when timpsons told me it was going to cost £75 i nearly choked. but with my luck and "speshal" skills i needed a spare so i went for it....my dad thought it was funny to grab it and jump in the driving seat one day, so i dead locked the car and he couldnt get out as the doors wont open from inside, the ignition wont turn on, and he didnt have buttons to unlock it on fob and there is non in the car like the key button on the peugeot dash. left him in there for an hour :lol: he wasnt best impressed when i eventually let him out :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts