Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to replace the indicator stalk on my 107. Does anyone know how to get the steering wheel panel off from around the steering wheel? (I've taken the shaft cover off and the panel that srrounds the stalk) but still need to remove the steering wheel cover.

I can see the two star screws - but cannot for the life of me get them to budge. Also in order to replace the indicator stalk would I need to alter the steering wheel at all & could this set-off the air bag?

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated,

D

C

·
0 Posts
You don't need to remove the wheel or horn pad to replace the stalks, only the trim over the column.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi I'm looking to replace the indicator stalk on my 107. Does anyone know how to get the steering wheel panel off from around the steering wheel? (I've taken the shaft cover off and the panel that srrounds the stalk) but still need to remove the steering wheel cover.

I can see the two star screws - but cannot for the life of me get them to budge. Also in order to replace the indicator stalk would I need to alter the steering wheel at all & could this set-off the air bag?

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated,

D
t20 torque bit required

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I figured if I removed the two screws I would be able to remove side panel over the column - I just couldn't get them to budge at all.

Impact driver was too big to reach the screw because of the column panel :(.

So you reckon if I can get those two side screws out the column panel should just unclip off?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well managed to finally get the screws loosened, however cannot get the steering casing off and furthermore think I have broke the clips to keep it on therefore the horn pad doesn't stay on completely - oops.

C

·
0 Posts
2 screws and lift of the top cover/speedo surround, then with some wiggling the bottom cover comes off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts