Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the main right engine mount and the engine stabliser replaced a few weeks ago which cost £200 to supply and fit in the hope it would calm the shaking of the car inside the cab. It has made the gear changes smoother but the shaking in the car has increased. If you look at the engine it is liternally juddering backwards and forwards trying to free itself from the car (more so when the aircon kicks in).

Mechanic said only real engine mount left to replace was the gearbox mount but couldn't be sure it would fix the issue. Said it was more like the engine because it's covered 140k.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
could be down to age and mileage of car...especially if its a diesel.

you say its more so when aircon kicks in. well doesn't that run of the aux belt? could be something on that such as a pulley needs replacing.

i personally wouldnt bother, unless its like a washing machine on full spin..then id be worried

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shakes you so much in the car it's just not pleasant idling in traffic.

Maybe it's time for a change..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i know in my 307, when the timing belt was fitted wrong and misfired, it would rock like a muscle car from the movies... not saying that is the problem here, just trying to give ideas. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts