Peugeot Forums banner

321 - 340 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
As I said, Chinese units are not compatible with European cars, calibration is different and not even the dealer can change it, only their technical assistance.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
As I said, Chinese units are not compatible with European cars, calibration is different and not even the dealer can change it, only their technical assistance.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
So it's not worth the money and the effort. Guess i'm just gonna look for a second hand used unit with screen. Maybe removed from a damaged car or something.
Thank you for the warning tho.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well, getting the screen is worth it, it's brand new and you can't beat this price. For the unit, you indeed must find second hand unit but from the same mode, 308 in your case, and European.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So it's not worth the money and the effort. Guess i'm just gonna look for a second hand used unit with screen. Maybe removed from a damaged car or something.
Thank you for the warning tho.
I might have one to sell in the next days. I could even have it coded and delivered to your place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm currently in search of knowledge. I own a 2015 model 308 1.6L Diesel EAT6 allure with keyless entry function. That smeg is awful and i want to replace it.
Looks like i have 2 options , one is NAC and the other one is RCC. Which one is better suited for my car? Which one is faster and cheaper? Also can you please write down the part numbers i'd have to get to make the swap for either units. I'd really appreciate that. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
RCC is cheaper as it doesn't have built in navigation plus only supports one USB port.

NAC unit does have built in navigation plus supports two USB ports.

There both as quick as each other, if your 308 has built in sat nav then a NAC is the obvious upgrade choice as you will already have a GPS aerial fitted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
RCC is cheaper as it doesn't have built in navigation plus only supports one USB port.

NAC unit does have built in navigation plus supports two USB ports.

There both as quick as each other, if your 308 has built in sat nav then a NAC is the obvious upgrade choice as you will already have a GPS aerial fitted.
Thank you very much for the information. Price is also important to me as you know our currency is in a meltdown lol. Satnav isn't a very important future for me.
If rcc is cheaper and have androidauto that'd be a priority for me.

Is there anything else i can not have if i get RCC instead of NAC?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I’ve been reading this forum with great interest for sometime and now plan to change the SMEG+ to NAC on my Peugeot 308.

I have the possibility to get my hands on a NAC with screen and adapter cable from a another pre 2018 308 GTI which was also updated from SMEG to NAC. The car was sold and therefore the SMEG unit was fitted in back again.

My car is a 2016 308SW 130 PureTech Allure with the following equipment:
Park Assistant; Blind Spot Assistant; Adaptive Cruise Control; Automatic Emergency Brake;; Park Distance Control Front and Back; Rear Camera. Denon sound system.

The seller tells me since he also had park sensors, rear camera and Denon sound system, I could just install the unit in my car and it would work straight off.

However I have doubts about it, because like I said , I own an Allure 130 PureTech, and his Unit was installed in a GTI. I also have understood reading this forum several times that the unit would need to be coded to my cars VIN number?

Can the unit really just be carried over like he said or would it need to be recoded to my car???

Looking forward and hope to get some advice from the experts in this forum. Thanks a lot...! 😎👍

·
Registered
152 Posts
You will have to get it coded to your car. Forget about doing it on a Peugeot official dealer. They just will not do it. I know by my own experience. Drop me a private message if you want some more info (in German 🙃)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, I’ve been reading this forum with great interest for sometime and now plan to change the SMEG+ to NAC on my Peugeot 308.

I have the possibility to get my hands on a NAC with screen and adapter cable from a another pre 2018 308 GTI which was also updated from SMEG to NAC. The car was sold and therefore the SMEG unit was fitted in back again.

My car is a 2016 308SW 130 PureTech Allure with the following equipment:
Park Assistant; Blind Spot Assistant; Adaptive Cruise Control; Automatic Emergency Brake;; Park Distance Control Front and Back; Rear Camera. Denon sound system.

Looking forward and hope to get some advice from the experts in this forum. Thanks a lot...! 😎👍
Did you managed to exchange this to NAC. Does you camera work correctly, or is the image inverted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I’ve recently bought a 2016 2.0L 308 Allure and I have read all of your info about updating the Smeg to NAC, to have car play. Is anyone still able to assist with coding? I don’t want to by the adapter, screen and unit unless I can get it easily coded? Many thanks!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you just want to have Carplay, look for a Smeg+ iv2 headunit from a 308. That will be cheaper than changing the whole system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you just want to have Carplay, look for a Smeg+ iv2 headunit from a 308. That will be cheaper than changing the whole system.
Hi, thanks for the reply. So all I have to do is replace the head unit - though I am guessing that I will have to also get an loom/ adapter as well?
Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can just replace the headunit if it is also a SMEG headunit and keep your screen and wiring. But the new headunit must be coded to your VIN

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can just replace the headunit if it is also a SMEG headunit and keep your screen and wiring. But the new headunit must be coded to your VIN
Ok thanks. So I thought it was smeg - how do you check? Sorry I’m still learning about the units. Also, what is a NAC? Apologies if these are silly questions, All I want to do is have unit that has CarPlay for my apple phone, as I want to use apple maps on the screen instead of the satnav. Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you press the Cog Icon top right for 5 seconds - it should display your firmware version and installation date, which will aid confirming if it is a SMEG unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you press the Cog Icon top right for 5 seconds - it should display your firmware version and installation date, which will aid confirming if it is a SMEG unit.
Hi - yeah did that and firmware version was 5.8. I think the installation date was Nov 2016

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi - yeah did that and firmware version was 5.8. I think the installation date was Nov 2016
I'm on SMEG5.43.A.R2, CD26482 is dated 19.09.17 - this is a SMEG+ unit.
I believe SMEG+ Iv2 units have firmware that begin with 6 - but don't quote me on that!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm on SMEG5.43.A.R2, CD26482 is dated 19.09.17 - this is a SMEG+ unit.
I believe SMEG+ Iv2 units have firmware that begin with 6 - but don't quote me on that!
So I didn’t remember that right - my smeg is 5.4.B.R8 CD26378 dated 01.12.15. !
I’ll look for the smeg+ iv2, just need to find out how to get it coded.

321 - 340 of 354 Posts