Peugeot Forums banner

301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello Guys

Just registered

I have been following your forum for a while now and have read much information about the conversion from SMEG to NAC and also have talked with manuhub and stock_aitken_waterman. I'm very interested in making the upgrade but I would like to have all the available functions from the original radio, like aux, so if in the future I sell the car, the future owner has all the options working and doesn't point any problems. I recently found out that after the NAC versions Wave1 to Wave4 there's are at least 2 new versions. The HW19W2 and HW19W4 that support aux, email and other new functions. I talked with stock_aitken_waterman and he confirmed me that the correct version for my 308 from 2015 is the HW19W2 due to the size screen - the HW19Wx plays with the size of the screen. Does anyone already have these versions or bought the same?

My question is: should I really make the upgrade or buy one those 250€ android converters from SMEG? Or should I buy the Wave 3 or Wave 4 or wait until these new versions appear on the market? I think I would like to buy the HW19W4 because it seems a bit more complete, according to the manuals I leave below. Also does it really compensates to have BTA (mine does not have) or should I use my hotspot or cellphone? If BTA compensates, I would like to have full BTA with ceiling module etc etc to leave it all pretty and most original possible

HW19W2 - FCC ID ZFW-HW19W2 Multimedia system by CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE RAMBOUILLET FRANCE SAS
HW19W4 - FCC ID ZFW-HW19W4 Multimedia system by CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE RAMBOUILLET FRANCE SAS

Also I leave the message where stock_aitken_waterman confirmed the situation from the screen

Best Regards,
LeoNog94 View attachment 89428
Absolutely go for the NAC and keep your fingers off those Android units. I changed my SMEG and install a NAC headunit (with the help of stock_aitken_waterman among others - absolutely the man to ask!) and I couldn't be happier. In your case, you will probably need a NAC Wave2 due to screen size (7 inches). At the end of the day, you are installing Peugeot originals and not something from China (just thinking about a possible future sale of the car).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Absolutely go for the NAC and keep your fingers off those Android units. I changed my SMEG and install a NAC headunit (with the help of stock_aitken_waterman among others - absolutely the man to ask!) and I couldn't be happier. In your case, you will probably need a NAC Wave2 due to screen size (7 inches). At the end of the day, you are installing Peugeot originals and not something from China (just thinking about a possible future sale of the car).
Hello Alhambra82
Of course i'm thinking of that and future updates, car control, etc etc
Wave2is beiing phased out, that's why I would like to buy a HW19W2 or HW19W4
I have to save a bit more

Do you recommend full BTA instal or use the wifi from my phone?

Best Regards

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello Alhambra82
Of course i'm thinking of that and future updates, car control, etc etc
Wave2is beiing phased out, that's why I would like to buy a HW19W2 or HW19W4
I have to save a bit more

Do you recommend full BTA instal or use the wifi from my phone?

Best Regards
Bluetooth Tethering is more than enough. Dont spend money in things that are only "nice to have" :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have been following your forum for a while now and have read much information about the conversion from SMEG to NAC and also have talked with manuhub and stock_aitken_waterman. I'm very interested in making the upgrade but I would like to have all the available functions from the original radio, like aux, so if in the future I sell the car, the future owner has all the options working and doesn't point any problems. I recently found out that after the NAC versions Wave1 to Wave4 there's are at least 2 new versions. The HW19W2 and HW19W4 that support aux, email and other new functions. I talked with stock_aitken_waterman and he confirmed me that the correct version for my 308 from 2015 is the HW19W2 due to the size screen - the HW19Wx plays with the size of the screen. Does anyone already have these versions or bought the same?

My question is: should I really make the upgrade or buy one those 250€ android converters from SMEG? Or should I buy the Wave 3 or Wave 4 or wait until these new versions appear on the market? I think I would like to buy the HW19W4 because it seems a bit more complete, according to the manuals I leave below. Also does it really compensates to have BTA (mine does not have) or should I use my hotspot or cellphone? If BTA compensates, I would like to have full BTA with ceiling module etc etc to leave it all pretty and most original possible

HW19W2 - FCC ID ZFW-HW19W2 Multimedia system by CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE RAMBOUILLET FRANCE SAS
HW19W4 - FCC ID ZFW-HW19W4 Multimedia system by CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE RAMBOUILLET FRANCE SAS

Also I leave the message where stock_aitken_waterman confirmed the situation from the screen

Best Regards,
LeoNog94
Olá Leandro! :)

The NAC Wave 4 does support both SD and Full HD screen resolutions and the Wave 2 only supports SD (not sure about Wave 3, but I can check the firmware).
The newer models (508 II, 208 II and 2008 II) usually have 2 touchscreen sizes, either as standard or as an option, and the larger (~10") one is Full HD. The older 3008/5008 II and 308 II only have the small SD screen (~7") and you can't replace those with Full HD versions... But the Wave 4 has twice the internal flash size and other service improvements (they should support OTA updates, for instance). All Wave levels have "email" support, but you need a mail client/app with MAP (Message Access Profile) bluetooth support.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Olá Leandro! :)

The NAC Wave 4 does support both SD and Full HD screen resolutions and the Wave 2 only supports SD (not sure about Wave 3, but I can check the firmware).
The newer models (508 II, 208 II and 2008 II) usually have 2 touchscreen sizes, either as standard or as an option, and the larger (~10") one is Full HD. The older 3008/5008 II and 308 II only have the small SD screen (~7") and you can't replace those with Full HD versions... But the Wave 4 has twice the internal flash size and other service improvements (they should support OTA updates, for instance). All Wave levels have "email" support, but you need a mail client/app with MAP (Message Access Profile) bluetooth support.
Olá Rui :)

Thank you for your information. I will save a bit more and then purchase a Wave 4, to keep the radio the most updated possible. Just made full service for 150k km and some body work and paint polish, so I have to save for a while :)

EDIT: @rui.saraiva , the 308 II have a 9.7'' screen. just confirmed in mine and on some websites. Or you mean 7'' usable with image and total screen size is 9.7''?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Will a WAVE 4 even work with a 308 T9?
Could it even be configured to work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Will a WAVE 4 even work with a 308 T9?
Could it even be configured to work?
Hello Mr Lee
For what stock_aitken_waterman told me yes it will work. I have been talking with him for a while now and I almost made the purchase and was asking if he had a wave3 and if it would work on a 308 II (T9) and he said yes. So I believe he got some Wave3 and wave4 units and configures it? 🤔
All the waves supposedly work on all cars. What differs is the car calibration that only (for what I know) a guy in France can change. Unless stock_aitken_waterman is a new guy who can do that service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello lads ...I've replaced the unit it's all ok but after telecoding I have a continuous beep anyone know about it ?it's sounds like a alarm 🤔🤔

·
Registered
4 Posts
does anyone know how to activate trip computer, and in navigation it doesn't show me speed limits. And when I open the door it doesn't warn me and it doesn't show me on the display ? Thanks you

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello Mr Lee
For what stock_aitken_waterman told me yes it will work. I have been talking with him for a while now and I almost made the purchase and was asking if he had a wave3 and if it would work on a 308 II (T9) and he said yes. So I believe he got some Wave3 and wave4 units and configures it? 🤔
All the waves supposedly work on all cars. What differs is the car calibration that only (for what I know) a guy in France can change. Unless stock_aitken_waterman is a new guy who can do that service
And what is that guy in France called? Although, if stock_aitken_waterman could do it also, i`d rather use his services...

·
Registered
668 Posts
I don't think you can put Wave 3 or 4 into 308 because of the screen size, only Wave 2. And this stock_aitken is asking to much for the upgrade, it's like 600$ for RCC, it's not even NAC for that price.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
You do have to remember the original SMEG touchscreen isn't compatible with RCC / NAC units & would require replacement to & stock_aitken_waterman includes the compatible touch screen with there WAVE 2 upgrade kits.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very enlightening topic. Thanks for all the information.

I'm wondering about your opinions about the product link down below.

I had a conversation with the seller, he refused to send any samples. Asked for a video of the product working on a car, still waiting for a response.

·
Registered
117 Posts

I had a conversation with the seller, he refused to send any samples. Asked for a video of the product working on a car, still waiting for a response.
Not sure why someone would send you a £200 unit as a 'sample' but anyway I've ordered one of these out of curiosity and as a quick fix as I don't intend keeping the car more than another 12-18 months.

As to a video of it working in the car, a guy who has bought one of these units has left a review which contains a link to his installation video which has a brief view of functionality at the end. He has promised a review video of the unit itself shortly.

Carplay & Android Auto installation for Peugeot 308 II | The DIY Guys

Failing this my unit is due this tomorrow (not too shabby as only ordered Thursday), but I may not get round to installing it due to other more pressing house projects on the go for a week or two. Happy to answer any installation or functional questions after all done though...

·
Registered
668 Posts

This is just the screen. You also need a unit. Chinese units are not compatible with the European cars. Also, you must specifically ask the seller to activate nav button for you to avoid additional cost of doing it yourself. I myself bought the screen from AliExpress, not sure if from this seller, and it works perfectly.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ah OK my bad, I thought we were looking at the potential of the addition of AA & CP functionality to a SMEG+ unit without the full Stock_Aitken_Waterman style replacement and talking about this style of piggyback unit to utilise existing screen and connectors.

US $247.23 33% OFF|Screen Mirror Link Video Interface Android Auto Retrofit CarPlay Solution for Peugeot Smeg System 2008 308 3008 508|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

Either way, happy to answer any questions once this is fitted.

As an update to my earlier message, the guy has posted a (very) brief video on AA functionality through SMEG+ in answer to a question in his YouTube comments here.

Android Auto Demo

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is just the screen. You also need a unit. Chinese units are not compatible with the European cars. Also, you must specifically ask the seller to activate nav button for you to avoid additional cost of doing it yourself. I myself bought the screen from AliExpress, not sure if from this seller, and it works perfectly.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
There is an option from buying menu to include the RCC unit

Also we have a 308 facebook owner group of 3000 people. Multimedia incapability is often discussed in there. I thought that if we can receive a sample and see what it can do our group members would prefer the device because we do not have many cheap options. Which is why we requested a sample.

301 - 320 of 353 Posts