261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new to this, have no understanding in coding,etc.
I was wondering if anyone could help. I bought my Peugeot 308, 2016 last week directly from the previous owner. I was so excited that I forgot to check this essential detail.
I have tried to connect my iPhone to the device and the Carplay function would not activate, then after a proper research online, I found out that all Peugeot 308 2016 and under does not come with Carplay.

I have discovered online that it's possible to install Carplay on older car models. So my question is: has anyone here managed to do this relatively inexpensively? and If yes, how? Please advise.

Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you - £500 is a bit much :(
I was the same but then I saved enough. If you add this listing to your watch list, the seller can send you an offer. That's what happened to me. On the top of that I had 10 or 20% off voucher from PayPal. Around 80 quid saved ;)
Oh, there's also some Italian seller who sells it bit cheaper but I preferred to buy it locally, it's just easier when something's wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased from stock_aiken_waterman last week. The service was great everything worked as expected and I used a code to bring the price down to just over £400. Appreciate its a lot of money but for me well worth it to bring it upto date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks ttimbo. Sounds a bit too complicated and expensive. Overall I am happy with the SMEG unit, Android Auto is not really a necessity as I find Bluetooth works just fine along with inbuilt GPS for the rare times I use it. Just thought it would be nice to have the updated interface but not for this cost and hassle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can have speed camera notifications with the NAC unit but there a chargeable service.

The TOMTOM live traffic is a very useful service to.
Do you know how much they charge? It only makes sense when it's cheap, otherwise I can use Android Auto.
EDIT:
Found it. 69 quid for a year or 139 for 3.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Do you need the donor vehicle vin in order to set up TomTom Live traffic?
Yes you need the doner cars VIN to activate it on the My Peugeot website.

You only get 3 years free TOM TOM live traffic from the date of registration of the doner car.

You also need either the BTA 2 box connecting OR share your mobile phone data via tethering hot spot for it to work.

I tether my phone hot spot via bluetooth for this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes you need the doner cars VIN to activate it on the My Peugeot website.

You only get 3 years free TOM TOM live traffic from the date of registration of the doner car.

You also need either the BTA 2 box connecting OR share your mobile phone data via tethering hot spot for it to work.

I tether my phone hot spot via bluetooth for this.
Thanks thought as much. Hopefully I'll be able to get this from the ebay seller but haven't had a response yet.
Hotspotting is what id do too seems the easiest method.
Thanks again for your reply

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fit the NAC, set up your phone hot spot tethering & you may find its already been activated.

Check your screen below to confirm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Mr Lee turns out it is currently activated, though I cant see for how long it will be so i guess that'll be a surprise but hopefully 3 years from now if I'm lucky

Just need to update it now.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts