Peugeot Forums banner

241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found quite cheap offer to buy whole set for swap (NAC, display, cable, VIN)

However VIN is from GT version and my is Allure. So my question is, should I use GT version VIN and try to adjust all settings as close as possible to Allure or it would be better to search for VIN with exact spec as my car? And what if I use GT one? Is it possible during coding NAC to disable features that were present in GT (like active cruise control, etc) so I won't get any errors or switches that won't be working

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm getting my NAC kit (coded already) from the eBay guy probably tomorrow. How long can the replacement take?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just go slowly and follow the guide carefully. Use proper trim removal tools to avoid damaging/scratching — gentle, steady force is sometimes need...and some of the plastic breaks easily
And that applies with refitting too

·
Registered
14 Posts
This question was asked before but I couldn't see an answer. Do you have to disconnect the battery before changing over the unit from SMEG to NAC?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I never disconnected the battery when I swopped over to NAC - just make sure the ignition is switched OFF.

If it's a keyless 308 like mine I also put the keyfob in the RFID blocking pouch so the car couldnt detect it / power itself up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just go slowly and follow the guide carefully. Use proper trim removal tools to avoid damaging/scratching — gentle, steady force is sometimes need...and some of the plastic breaks easily
And that applies with refitting too
Yep, I broke the central console clips, I didn't have this long thin tool. I installed everything and the screen didn't work so put the old unit back in. Just when I was back home I realized I didn't connect the black connector 🤣

·
Registered
2 Posts
ttimbo I notice you are in Australia. Where did you source the NAC replacement from and how much did it cost? I have a 2015 308 and wouldn't mind upgrading.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ttimbo I notice you are in Australia. Where did you source the NAC replacement from and how much did it cost? I have a 2015 308 and wouldn't mind upgrading.
I was looking at the possibility and quite fortuitously, a wrecker I called had just received a 2018 308 that had the NAC head unit. I think it cost me c.$250.

But they’re rare ...and then you need to get the upgrade screen from AliExpress plus cables. A year ago, that took about 4 weeks to arrive; I guess it’s much longer now.

Then, I had to get the replacement NAC remotely coded to my VIN. This was quite challenging and I still had problems with Nav voices (except Google Maps) and AM radio.

I’d suggest you contact the eBay UK seller stock_aiken_waterman who may be able to source NAC units and get them pre-coded to your car. But this way is much more expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I've got it installed and working except i cant seem to activate apple CarPlay. The option on the screen is greyed out and when I try to connect through my iPhone it says press and hold the voice control button on your steering wheel but obviously I dont have one so cant do it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK well I've sorted it finally, I know earlier in the thread it took someone 45 minutes well it took me almost 4 hours 🤣

4 hours and I managed to snap some plastic through my own stupid fault ( I removed the bolts rather than the torx screws thinking somehow my car was different from the pictures).

My car has two USB ports the CarPlay works through one but not the other. No big deal.

Wireless CarPlay is not supported so I've been told which is a shame but may be supported later via firmware updates.

So thanks for the guides and information in this thread its been appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately I was not able to find the seller 'stock_aiken_waterman ' on Ebay. Have you got a link?

I was looking at the possibility and quite fortuitously, a wrecker I called had just received a 2018 308 that had the NAC head unit. I think it cost me c.$250.

But they’re rare ...and then you need to get the upgrade screen from AliExpress plus cables. A year ago, that took about 4 weeks to arrive; I guess it’s much longer now.

Then, I had to get the replacement NAC remotely coded to my VIN. This was quite challenging and I still had problems with Nav voices (except Google Maps) and AM radio.

I’d suggest you contact the eBay UK seller stock_aiken_waterman who may be able to source NAC units and get them pre-coded to your car. But this way is much more expensive.

241 - 260 of 287 Posts