Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

i have researched a lot about the new head unit which had CarPlay as a feature, and I wonder for long time about if it will be possible to retrofit it on the old t9 model, so I found a post on a French forum which I want to give a try!

I already have the touchscreen and Nac unit from a donor car, but the wiring seems to be different which u guys can see on the attached picture, as I read the post its should be possible with an adapter with some wiring too, I have bought an adapter from china which will get it to work, I will update u guys with feeds after I receive the adapter!

here are som picture of the old and new unit and the cable I ordered

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Interesting, how do you wire the SOS element, as that is a mandatory item for new homologated cars in the EU. Obviously you are retrofitting so not important.
But I suspect you might get some error messages you may need to suppress as you have no SOS button to take car of push detection etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, how do you wire the SOS element, as that is a mandatory item for new homologated cars in the EU. Obviously you are retrofitting so not important.
But I suspect you might get some error messages you may need to suppress as you have no SOS button to take car of push detection etc.
If you have a BTA (Stand-alone Box - Peugeot Connect SOS)

The BTA is USB connected to the green port (same format as the standard NAC / SMEG USB port

Of cause we will get some errors thats why we have to telecode the unit, we have to find a car similar to our model with a NAC (with the same finish as yours) and get the VIN on the windshield (if you find several it's even better), then you won't get any problem to get the sos element work properly, In fact, if the car you find has one or more additional options it is not very serious, the NAC will display related options (ex: switch high beam that I do not have on mine) but they will never be activated. The goal is still to get as close as possible to what you really have, it's "cleaner".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finally i did it, everything works, just replaced the touch screen and headunit and assembled it again with the adapter I ordered, then telecode the headunit to the vin number!

thats it!
Just coded? No need all that VIN procedures of coding to another car´s VIN?
That would be awesome.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is excellent news! I can't wait to do it to mine as I'm sick of not having Android Auto. Where did you get the parts??

I don't know why Peugeot can't offer this service of upgrading!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is excellent news! I can't wait to do it to mine as I'm sick of not having Android Auto. Where did you get the parts??

I'll be following your progress like a hawk on this one, android auto is something i want as well! :thumb:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'll be following your progress like a hawk on this one, android auto is something i want as well! :thumb:
Just need to get the parts from a car that's written off or being broken down for parts!

Plus the cable adaptor....??

·
Registered
542 Posts
Or you go to a Peugeot dealer look at a car where it is fitted. Write down the VIN number, then look up the parts on a parts DVD or friendly parts department.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Or you go to a Peugeot dealer look at a car where it is fitted. Write down the VIN number, then look up the parts on a parts DVD or friendly parts department.
True but the cost would be astronomical from a dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just coded? No need all that VIN procedures of coding to another car´s VIN?
That would be awesome.
You have to code the unit to ur vin number to get rid of the annoying bip sound.

But if u order the Nac unit from the dealer u will have to find a macthing car with ur equipment who has nac to do the automatic telecoding after its done just replace the vin to ur vin number.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I got the parts from a donor car ,take u time an give it a search over ebay etc. or maybe a scrapyard who has newer 308s who have been in accidents where u can pick it up, the adapter cable did i order from china, it is not just plug and play u need to modify it a bit to get it to work on european cars.

·
Registered
367 Posts
When I get time after my own projects are done, I'll probably make a step by step guide for those who want the solution
Mate are you able to do this anytime soon? I'm very interested to hear how you got on with it all. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Finally i did it, everything works, just replaced the touch screen and headunit and assembled it again with the adapter I ordered, then telecode the headunit to the vin number!

thats it!
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m new to this.
How does the telecoding/ VIN change work? What do I need to do this?
Ive found the parts I need and I’m very close to buying them just need to confirm how to telecode (if I even need to) and how to change the VIN?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mate are you able to do this anytime soon? I'm very interested to hear how you got on with it all. :)

okay i haven't had so much time to make a guide, but mark contacted me anyway over private message, we have now written together over facebook as he experienced some problems with the backlight buttons not working, he got replaced the screen and now its works, th only thing that he now suffers with is the reverse camera, I do not actually know how far he has reached yet when he uses the offical dealer to make these telecoding which pulls the time out, therefore if I have to recommend someone who want to retrofit, buy a good Chinese copy with the latest chip, then jump over to servicebox and buy a tokens to troubleshoot the car, then download diagbox i think v 9.34 from there and install it and log on and then make telecoding.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts