Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

i didnt find anybody trying this so i have to ask.

I want to replace Magneti Marelli RT3 in Peugeot 407 2004. 2.0 HDI
With a 2013 RT6. That has pretty much everything that the RT3 doesnt have.
So its going to be a mayor upgrade.

Now did any of you here try this? I still dont know the exact dimensions but from the look of it, it seems to me it will fit perfectly.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Not possible as the 2004 car is VAN/CAN while the 2013 car is pure CAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Please take the time to post an introduction. We've recently had a large influx of people signing up just for help, not contributing anything back or even saying thanks. So the regulars are getting a bit fed up and might not reply.

2. Please state where you are located.

3. Go back to the Peugeot Forums page and type your introduction into the following section:
Introductions - Peugeot Forums

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm.

ok well what is the best possible solution for a Peugeot 407 2004?

The RT3 i currently have is, well, old.
I have ordered a XCarLink and it doesn't work with it. My CD doesnt want to read anything for more then 20 minutes so thats a bust.
So i want to upgrade it.

Can you please advise what i can have in that car that wont mess up the nice lines 407 has enterior has?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
OK seems I was wrong. The 307 changed to can in 2006 with the restyle so it's possible that the 407 started out with CAN. I didn't see 407 mentioned in the original post just went back and reread it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK seems I was wrong. The 307 changed to can in 2006 with the restyle so it's possible that the 407 started out with CAN. I didn't see 407 mentioned in the original post just went back and reread it.
It happens :)

Anyway.. im going to order the RT6 and try it out.
I cant seem to find anything online and who ever i asked about this doesn't know. I know they are different sizes but i have a good friend that makes Carbon Gas Thanks for bikes and he is going to adjust the from plate of the radio for me to look like its built for the 407.

If anybody has any info about the RT3 to RT6 replacement that i should know about, please share before i spend 400euros on this :)

Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
It happens :)

Anyway.. im going to order the RT6 and try it out.
I cant seem to find anything online and who ever i asked about this doesn't know. I know they are different sizes but i have a good friend that makes Carbon Gas Thanks for bikes and he is going to adjust the from plate of the radio for me to look like its built for the 407.

If anybody has any info about the RT3 to RT6 replacement that i should know about, please share before i spend 400euros on this :)

Thanks
Hi
Yes it's possible to do.
407 is CAN.
However, the RT6 is a 1 din unit, so you will have to use a fascia adapter.
There are other options, such as RT5.
You will need to change pretty much everything, headunit, screen, antennas, and lots of wiring modifications for everything to work correctly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
Yes it's possible to do.
407 is CAN.
However, the RT6 is a 1 din unit, so you will have to use a fascia adapter.
There are other options, such as RT5.
You will need to change pretty much everything, headunit, screen, antennas, and lots of wiring modifications for everything to work correctly
Yes i will get a new RT6 with GPS antena, screen and some wires (dont know exactly)

Im also going to try a fascia adapter but like i wrote before a good friend of mine does work with carbon fiber so my plan is to redo the main mask of the device to match the old one (color and size)

thanks for the answer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

@m3mpower

You mentioned lots of wiring modifications.

I will receive a headunit, screen, and i these cables
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyfur8sqoeyrobc/Screenshot 2014-02-02 11.53.04.png

That looks like a radio antenna.

So other then a GPS antenna (ill grab that one from you on ebay).
What else will i need to make it work?

I saw this on ebay:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj5ko21ale01hz5/Screenshot 2014-02-02 11.57.08.png

A Intefrace converter from RT3 to RT6. Is this something i need?

·
Registered
857 Posts
@m3mpower

You mentioned lots of wiring modifications.

I will receive a headunit, screen, and i these cables
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyfur8sqoeyrobc/Screenshot 2014-02-02 11.53.04.png

That looks like a radio antenna.

So other then a GPS antenna (ill grab that one from you on ebay).
What else will i need to make it work?

I saw this on ebay:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj5ko21ale01hz5/Screenshot 2014-02-02 11.57.08.png

A Intefrace converter from RT3 to RT6. Is this something i need?
Do you have 407 saloon or estate?

If i can see well that photo, the antenna cable has a red connector? you don't need that if you are fitting RT6 as it doesn't need a GSM antenna, it does not use a sim card, it connects to the phone via Bluetooth.

Also, for the radio antennas, you can run extensions from the diversity box located under the dash, and use the original cables already in the car.
then for the GPS antenna, just fit a GPS antenna.

Regarding the interface, you don't need to buy that for 80€ or whatever they sell for, you can make your own cables.

You will have to disconnect the cable that connects the RT3 ( pins 9 and 15 and part B pin 6 ) ) to the display, and remove the fibre optic cable, the fans, also disconnect the cables going from the RT3 display to the video connector in the glovebox.

Then, make your own wiring loom, about 1 metre long or even shorter, going from pins 9 and 15 of the RT6 quadlock, pin 5 of part B connector to the display ( pins 1, 2 and 3 ), and the LVDS cable.

To do a good clean job, do not cut any wires, disconnect them all from their connectors by pushing the pins out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,
I will update my RT3 to RT6 too, in my 407.
Have you finnished your update?
Wher did you buy the RT6.
Thank you and regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello,
I will update my RT3 to RT6 too, in my 407.
Have you finnished your update?
Wher did you buy the RT6.
Thank you and regards
Actually i didnt finish because i sold the car.

I still have the radio, all parts and wires m3power made for me.
If you like i can sell it to you.

Pm me if you are interested

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
Any new information of change radio RT3 to RT6? I have Citroen C5 facelift Break (2004-2008) and I have interrest of this change. Old RT3 radio (version CAN 6.63) now not enough. Thanks for inform

·
Registered
456 Posts
What new information? It's possible to put RT6 instead of RT3. Doing it in 407 is not recommended because you lose climate controls, not sure about C5.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

I need help with my Peugeot 407 executive 3.0 v6 2005. I initially had the v6.51 installed for my RT3 however, I unknowingly installed v6.62 instead of the v6.63. Now I can’t see most of the functions anymore. I can change source, my video function has disappeared etc. Any suggestions on how to get this restored without visiting Peugeot?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts