Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
It looks like I may have to have my New308 air-con compressor and/or condenser replaced and I think this is a job that can only be done by a Peugeot garage as it uses a new type of gas to re-charge it.....very expensive evidently....

Even on previous models (of any make) I believe only a fully qualified air-con engineer can do a change over and re-gas.

I assume the compressor is driven by the fan belt so a quick check under the bonnet should reveal accessibility.

Mine is being done on Monday by Peugeot as I am just 2 weeks inside the warranty period....otherwise the bill would be around £1500.....previous models may use a more standard type of gas which is far cheaper. I've just had my wife's old 206 re-charged at F1 Autocentres for £45 .

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2014-122/air-con-failure-319385/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Condenser replacement

Has it got any refrigerant left in the system?
As it is illegal to vent the refrigerant from the Air Conditioning system.
The system needs to be decanted with a reclaim machine.
The new condenser could then be fitted, but needs pressure testing for leaks, evacuated with a vac pump and recharged using a set of manifold gauges with the correct adaptors (2) to get on the air con pipework with correct refrigerant type and quantity weighed in using digital scales
Just 2 pipes go into the condenser-the compressor discharge and the liquid out which normally goes to a small liquid receiver.
Used to do loads of car A/C on the side in my work as a refrigeration/air con engineer.
But that was in the days of R134a!:thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts