Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 508 with the JBL stereo option. I am kind of in to car stereo and i wanted to upgrade it with a 5 channel Audison amp and a subwoofer in the spare wheel compartment.
I have the schematics and i have figured the amp in the back in this system does not only amplify the sound... Tested wires and found out of everything i thought, sound signal from head unit is two channel high output, so i bought a high to low converter, and the audison can run all 5 channels from 2 channel input. Connected for testing earlier today... i got a little shocked when i realized the head unit does not control volume level through the high output... its nothing on 0 and just one volume level from 1 to max.. and no tone controllers work without the oem amp installed.. bass/treble/balance. I was thinking about installing the oem JBL amp again and just take high ouput from that to my converter.. but the amp does not make a sound unless every channel has a speaker connected to it.... i planned to have none... I really thought the head unit was a pretty regular one just connected to the amp with high outputs... but it does everything regulating the sound... 馃槥 any trix to get the jbl amp make sound whitout speakers connected to it? Or any way to get the head unit to have regular high outputs? Stupid system!! Hehe. Anyone done anything similar?
Thanks

Registered
You can change the output type in the head unit for JBL amp or standard the head units have amps in them they are just switched off with JBL upgrade you will need diagbox to do this though whether that is all you need to do i have no idea but i have altered a JBL head unit to standard and it worked fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That was the best answer i could get, so that is really possible. Nice! 馃檪 That makes sense though.. then it is a pretty regular head unit only the amp is disabled with the JBL option.
Now i got a solution! Thanks a lot, i will connect with diagbox and check it out 馃檪 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Changed the setting at the player. It worked really well, now it has regular high outputs! Thanks a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts