Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have successfully repaired a malfunctioning RHR door lock that had been in a "locked" condition for 5 years. Dust had entered the lock mechanism and caused it to cease functioning. I removed the TWO screws that secure the door card to the door, then I withdrew the door card upwards. I removed the liner. I tapped the lock mechanism with a piece of wood whist a person operated the dashboard central locking switch. The door lock unlocked and I was able to open the door! The unit has ONE long rivet (located approx. in the middle of the unit) holding the two sections together. I drilled off the tail of the rivet to allow its withdrawl. Other locking tabs need to be opened up. I CAREFULLY disassembled the two halves of the unit. I cleaned ALL the components and greased and oiled ALL moving parts. I reassembled the unit and checked for ease of movement of the parts. Then I reconnected the unit's electrics and tested its operation. It worked. I drilled a self tapping screw into the tail of the long rivet to reinstate the rivet in its place. Where possible I wrapped the unit with duct-tape to improve its dust resistance. I reinstalled the unit into the door. Everything now works correctly!!!!
NB. It may have been better to use Graphite Dust as the lubricant - it is a dry lubricant.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts