Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Last year I bought a lexia cable (from China) and I use it two times. The second time it died. I had some error codes but I couldn't checked them anymore (and the problem worsened so I want to repair this cable).

Two possible causes why the cable doesn't work:
1. my car ( I measured some voltages at the output of the ODB connector. I'd like to compare them with some database but I couldn't fine none)
2. lexia itself. The USB connection works but I don't hear anymore the clicks when querying the car. I searched on internet and found that some components have to be re-soldered. I can do that by myself, but I need to know which of them (to avoid other problems)
3. one excludes a software problem: I reinstalled windows, used virtual machines., etc.

So, if you have any information, let me know,
Toby

·
Registered
165 Posts
Toby,

Do you have a green light when you plug the lexia into your laptop? are you running PP2000 or Diagbox?

There are lots of different clones all seem to have their own problems, some need the plug cables resoldered. others suffer with dry joints on the boards

Lexias aren't expensive so if it is not a quick fix you may be better going for a new one:nod:

·
11,873 Posts
If it were me I'd try it on another car first.

If that doesn't work then I'd remove the circuit board from the case, pop it in the oven for 20 minutes for the connections to re-solder themselves. I've done it on circuit boards in the past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toby,
Do you have a green light when you plug the lexia into your laptop? are you running PP2000 or Diagbox?
Yes, the green light is on. Also, if the interface is not connected, the diagbox doesn't start. I use Diagbox 5.24 (which later starts PP2000).

Toby,
There are lots of different clones all seem to have their own problems, some need the plug cables resoldered. others suffer with dry joints on the boards

Lexias aren't expensive so if it is not a quick fix you may be better going for a new one:nod:
- I checked the cable between the ODB and the PCB board, and it seems ok,
- measured some voltages at the output of the ODB, but I don't know with what to compare them.

If it were me I'd try it on another car first.

If that doesn't work then I'd remove the circuit board from the case, pop it in the oven for 20 minutes for the connections to re-solder themselves. I've done it on circuit boards in the past.
I haven't tested it on other car (I'll try to find one).
Regarding the oven, I'd rather try to solder pin by pin (just to avoid an irrecoverable board).

The interface stopped working when I used it a second time. There was a message saying that it cannot read the ECU (or something), and the clicks (of the relays) went off.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yes, like in your picture.
I'll take some photos of my cable and upload them here.
Check the pins and sockets in the round plug.
Mine got damaged and the lead would not work. I just got a "could not communicate with ECU" error, or words to that effect.
I did fix it though by using a small length of solder pushed into the damaged pin to make up the contact again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked the cable and make sure I use the correct firmware for the diagbox 5.24. I'm afraid that the problem is somewhere on the pcbs.

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas.

Bigger images

1 - 9 of 9 Posts