Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am thinking of changing the RD4 stereo in my 407 to an after market single din sat nav stereo with motorised screen. If I do that though, will I lose all on screen functionality such as climate control display, trip display (when stalk button pressed), error display messages, etc.??

Or will the screen cease to work without the peugeot stereo in place?

Any advice on this would be helpful as I would really like a built in sat nav and full ipod function. I don't want to go with the peugeot Rt4 sat nav as it is expensive and won't support the full ipod display that i want.

·
5,043 Posts
you could in theory keep the central mfd, just move it up to above the airvents, i know of others who have fitted an aftermarket sat-nav where the mfd is and just moved the display up,there is a cowling available for this but dont have info to hand.I will look later when i'm on a proper pc not this crappy laptop
Neil

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could in theory keep the central mfd, just move it up to above the airvents, i know of others who have fitted an aftermarket sat-nav where the mfd is and just moved the display up,there is a cowling available for this but dont have info to hand.I will look later when i'm on a proper pc not this crappy laptop
Neil
Thanks Neil, sorry it took me a while to respond. I have also seen this but I dont really want to do that if it can bve helped. I want to take out the stereo part and put aftermarket in there, leaving the screen display where it is. What I am unsure of is if the screen will continue to function without the RD4 unit in. Is is powered seperately or does the RD4 need to be there for the screen display to work? I just want the screen display for displaying time, climate control and trip computer details by using the stem controls. Does that make sense?

·
5,043 Posts
guessing here but i think without the RD4 headunit the display wouldnt work.
I could be wrong tho

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guessing here but i think without the RD4 headunit the display wouldnt work.
I could be wrong tho
Thats what I thought, does anyone know for sure though? If not, guess i'll just have to take it out and see what happens.

J

·
0 Posts
I don't think it will work if the radio is removed.... Betty mentioned having to remove the tyre pressure monitoring from the radio ecu the other day to me in order to stop the messages coming up on the screen, so to me logic would say that all the messages etc go through the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts