Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm trying to replace the air filter, but i cannot get access to it without breaking the very delicate connector.

How do i remove the connector ? or is there another way.

Cant find anything on you-tube. found 1 video without the connector on.

Many thanks
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Yes I asked this some time back, it will be here somewhere.
I got the reply that you twist the connector 90 degrees and squeeze the bits you see on the sides.
Never got round to trying it though. Had the dealer service it in the end.

·
Registered
552 Posts
As I recall, you can just unscrew the 3 screws and it will be enough to replace the filter. You can just lift up the cover, no need to remove it completely.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Not my experience, I broke that connector when I tried, the tube out from the cover is very fragile. Mine has a brass tube inside now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm curious to what this connector is. I don't have it in my Euro5 (eHDI) variant so cannot help you any further than others. However, looking at the wiring, I am in agreement with mara- that you can simply undo the three screws, lift the cover over, and replace your filter with ease.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The air tube is fixed to a bracket just below the filter top, so you con't have room to lift the filter lid. That connector is very weak, it will break easily.
But it's your car, your money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The air tube is fixed to a bracket just below the filter top, so you con't have room to lift the filter lid. That connector is very weak, it will break easily.
But it's your car, your money.
the cost of breaking it is 150 quid and can't just take off with just the 3 screws as soon as you try that guaranteed to break trust me i did it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An expensive mistake at £150.95 it won't happen again how did you fix yours what diameter pipe did you use? as still have my old one in the garage I could mend it and eBay it on to recover part of my costs lol. Warning it has to be connected or the Airfilter clogs with oil very fast less than a week lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, so did I. But I mended mine.
Yep, so did I. But I mended mine.
The way to take that pipe off is to turn the pipe end a quarter turn to the right 3 o'clock then press the two clip buttons in and carefully pull it off lol. After replacing the new filter refit in the reverse order connector to 3 o'clock press the clip buttons push on then left turn to 12 o'clock job done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've finally got my connector off. It is NOT removed by rotating it 90 degrees and squeezing the pins, since there is no room to rotate the connector.

A garage did mine as a favour.

There is a special tool but that didn't work with mine either. (looks like a pair of pliers with inside ground out)

You have to have at least 1 Metal toothpick like tool.

Push and press out the connector with the toothpick while pulling the connector from the inside end. A click will be heard. Move to the opposite side of the connecter and click that side out.

It took about 10 minutes for a proper tech to do it, he said they are awful connectors.

You can push them back on because they have a rubber inside the pipe. Without going over the click point.

Hope that helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts