Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the 407's tyre pressure sensors with normal rubber tubeless type valves? I'm using 407 wheels from my old car for winter tyres for my 508 SW so the tyre pressure sensor valves are redundant.

·
5,043 Posts
yea any tyre monkey can replace them with rubber valves, any chance of a pic of the 508 on 407 wheels ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea any tyre monkey can replace them with rubber valves, any chance of a pic of the 508 on 407 wheels ??
Thanks guys - I thought it would be possible but glad to have your reassurances. I have got a photo of the 508 on the old 407 wheels but I can't see a way to attach it here, even though I have selected the image file. Any tips?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Thanks guys - I thought it would be possible but glad to have your reassurances. I have got a photo of the 508 on the old 407 wheels but I can't see a way to attach it here, even though I have selected the image file. Any tips?
You've done it, picture is attached!

·
5,043 Posts
Looks good on those wheels. Hope you don't mind but I've posted this pic on my 407 Facebook page to see what members views are.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope! The 508 doesn't have pressure sensors. I think the tyre pressure control is done via the ABS system but tbh, I 've never checked whether or not that's true. I'm one of those old fashioned people who actually checks the tyre pressures at least monthly. ��

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Although it's nice to know if air has leaked, I have a lot more confidence in conventional valves to hold the air in in the first place. The TPMS stems are known to break off.

Furthermore, when I did have the TPMS it didn't trigger until so much air had been lost that you could feel it and the tyre was already ruined.

It's possible that the upper spec 508s have it. You don't get much on the lower trim levels; there's much more difference between trim levels than there was on the 407.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all who responded. The TP monitoring sensors have now been removed and replaced with normal rubber valves. All advice and responses have helped. Cheers guys!
Over and out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts