Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the process of changing the oil in my 1.6 diesel engine Expert van however I have removed the filter cover cap but cant get the filter to come out, this seems to be held in the casing by retaining clips, I can rotate the filter quite easily by hand but not get it out of the cap. I dont want to force anything and end up breaking the cap. Any answers to this would be appreciated

Cairngorm

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its the one i think it is it needs a good tug while tilting the cap in your hand and it just pops off it can be tight though

Look at your new one and you will see the clips holding it to the cap

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To Relible406

Many thanks to Reliable406 for your advice regarding removal of the jammed oil filter which was suceswsfully removed after two of us each holding a part gave the unit a good tug and managed to free it.
Thanks again, now back on the road!.. Cairngorm.

D

·
0 Posts
And fit the filter into the metal housing first instead of the plastic cap.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
12 Posts
And fit the filter into the metal housing first instead of the plastic cap.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Good advice David. Wish I had read this earlier.
I just recently changed the oil filter in my 10 reg van and I was in a quandary as to how best to fit the filter. I was aware that the thing-a-ma-jig on the bottom has to fit in to the drain hole but with the filter fitted in the cap it was not long enough to engage in the hole while the cap was screwed down. The old filter was a framm filter and it had a shovel like plastic scoop that engaged immediately in a slot beside the drain hole and thus prevented the filter from turning with the cap. (its a very impressive and sturdy looking filter and one wonders why Peugeot did not employ the same idea)
In the end of the day I went with fitting the filter into the housing first but wondered until reading your post if it was really the correct method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts