Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
changing clutch on son in laws 307 sw 136hp next weekend, read through some threads saying 35mm socket needed to remove driveshaft

when I did gearbox removal on my saab I left driveshaft connected to hub and once all joints behind disc were disconnected just pulled out driveshaft by pulling disc and moved it to one side while attached to disc,

is there any reason I cant do this on 307sw ???

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You can do as you say BUT there is not a lot of room in there to get box out so anything in the way like a driveshaft will make life very difficult.

The hub on the peugeot wont move as much as the saab ones do.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
SC Motor factors in Tivoli, East Kent Components at Westwood Ind Est, Jayar in Broadstairs, all carry Laser tools and will have the socket you need at a sensible price. A few quid will save you a lot of time and effort.
I hope I'm preaching to the choir when I say use a top quality brand clutch, and replace the sleeve for the release bearing. The genuine article from Grand Garage costs about the same as aftermarket ones btw.

Roger.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably have the 35mm socket, was just wondering if I needed to use it !
as hes coming down for the weekend to change clutch and we don't want to be caught out by the car already possibly having a smf conversion, he is going to buy a smf conversion clutch kit so it will be changed whatever we come across dmf or smf... just trying to get 4p conversion kit sourced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts