Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago we had a nice group of youths going past who decided to do some damage to some of the cars down our street, and unfortunately my 308 was one of those, but luckily they only did a small amount of damage to it (compared to others at least).

I took a picture at the time;
IMG_1059.jpg

This scratch is on one of the rear door panels.

It may look very bad in the picture however in person it's not too noticable unless you really look up close for it.

Because of it being not too bad I decided it wasn't worth getting it re-sprayed either myself or through insurance as this would be costly.

I was going to use a little bit of T Cut and hope the best of it will be gone, but wasn't sure whether the better bet would be the normal T Cut or the T Cut Colour Fast in Black?

I have actually used a little of the latter on the car in the past to cover a few stone chips which worked well but I suppose I just wanted some advice and to see if the other would be the better option for this sort of damage.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You could try T-cut but it will depend whether they have cut through too much as you could make matters worse.

It may be advisable to carefully fill the scratch, let it dry and then t-cut back.

I guess each cosmetic surface damage needs to be assessed to decide which method should be applied.

You may find some tips here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scratch+removal+on+black+car

Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Might be worth contacting a SMART repairer as they will be dealing with damage like this day in & day out.
I agree best to get it repaired. I've used the colour fast t-cut and polish on my cars before and they effectively just fill the scratch with a temporary wax/polish layer. You'll have to keep doing it to mask the damage but it will always be there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had thought of a company like Chips Away, but you hear some bad/some good things, and I guess it's luck of the draw on who they send out, but I guess I'd be a bit concerned they'd not do a very good job like I've read some reviews/stories.

Thanks for the Youtube link I'll do some further research regarding sorting it myself too.

I'm semi-confident in sorting it with T Cut or something similar, as it has worked for me with stone chips, I just am not sure which product would be best for the job.

I don't think the scratch is too deep as even at the worst (middle) point you cannot feel it at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had thought of a company like Chips Away, but you hear some bad/some good things, and I guess it's luck of the draw on who they send out, but I guess I'd be a bit concerned they'd not do a very good job like I've read some reviews/stories.

Thanks for the Youtube link I'll do some further research regarding sorting it myself too.

I'm semi-confident in sorting it with T Cut or something similar, as it has worked for me with stone chips, I just am not sure which product would be best for the job.

I don't think the scratch is too deep as even at the worst (middle) point you cannot feel it at all.
Maybe get a polishing pad attachment for a drill if you have one? will take some of the manual labor out of it. But do it slowly and gradually

1 - 6 of 6 Posts