Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We another problem for me.

Went to change the oil yesterday and the sump bolt is rounded, it's Allen key type, it's like someone has used a braker bar to put the bloody thing on.

I need some adevice on removing the thing guys if you's can.

They is not much room under the car mind. :thumb:

·
Registered
217 Posts
if its a 2.0l hdi the only thing you'll get on is a large set of mole grips, i had the same problem, theres only about a 2/3mm flange on the sump bolt, and if you cant get it off that way, your going to either need a garage to do it or weld a 10mm nut onto your sump nut then use a 17mm socket to get it off, then get to your local engineering/motor factors and get a new sump bolt with an external head from memory i thinks its m14x1.25mm thread.

P

·
0 Posts
once you have it off, replacement sump and copper ring can be bought from peugeot directly very cheap.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You wont catch it on a speed bump your more likely to smash the sump first !!

Im not saying that's the cure im just saying its possible I have done that when the sump threads are stripped as a spark plug is longer so catches the good threads further in thus saving having to replace the sump and it never hit any speed bumps.

To be honest I found this out through someone else having done it to a car I was working on !

·
6,422 Posts
Weld a bolt to the nut heat will help crack joint and help with release of old nut

·
Registered
909 Posts
Have you tried tapping a slightly larger torx bit into the hole, sometimes this has worked for me in the past. But get a new sump plug etc from peugeot first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts