Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the steering wheel on the Mk1 308? On the 307 it was easy, there were two holes round the back - you pressed in a screwdriver to release the centre piece.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you remove the steering wheel on the Mk1 308? On the 307 it was easy, there were two holes round the back - you pressed in a screwdriver to release the centre piece.
The holes are on lateral sides or one on the bottom but the surface is filled with thin plastic so you have to pierce it with a screwdriver or similar with not very esthetic result afterwards.

·
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents. I did see the little holes which the 307 wheel also has in the same place, but they looked like they were just imperfections left over from the moulding, I never thought they'd be filled!

Headlights are occasionally coming on when I indicate, hoping its just a case of needing the contacts cleaning inside the COMM unit.

I had the same problem on my previous 307, but a good spray of contact cleaner at the base of the stalk sorted it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Bumping this thread as I want to change the steering wheel (breaking up) on our 2013 308sw 1.6eHDI to ideally a leather one.

I presume this is done (the insertion of long screwdriver from both sides to pop the wheel centre off..) with the battery disconnected to avoid potentially activating the airbag?

Asked my local garage about changing it for me a few months back (if I source s/h from scrapper/ebay) & they said the new wheel & airbag might need recoding into the system.., presumably if same airbag is used & all done with battery disconnected the car's system wouldn't be aware of the wheel being changed..., or am I being overly logical and optimistic lol?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes insert the screwdrivers to pop out the airbag pack, and yes disconnect the battery for obvious reasons remembering the 3 min rule, In regards to programming you only need to when you replace a new airbag pack that would need coding to airbag ECU so you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts