Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had a bit of a mishap where I misjudged the density of snow on the rear windscreen...and the rear wiper arm snapped!

I've purchased a new one, taken the plastic housing off the wiper arm and removed the rather rusted to hell nut on the bolt.

I'm now trying to pull the rest of the arm off the bolt, but it just won't budge.

Have I missed a step?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The likeliness is the metal cylinder is still on your thread / spindle.

You will need a puller to actually shift it without risking damage to the rear screen. It can sometimes be done by spraying with WD40 and leaving to soak then using pliers & alot of patience, but why mess about when a puller can do it so easily.

Search "puller" on amazon and you will see some.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, the end of the wiper arm is still over the bolt but it just won't shift. The new one looks like it would just go over the bolt, then have a nut and washer placed over the bolt and it's done. But this just isn't shifting at all!

I don't have to wind it off, do I? It is a straight pull as opposed to an unscrew?

And as for pullers, are we talking one of these things?

Toolzone 3Pc Puller Set 3", 4" and 6": Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Would I just put it over the plastic end of the arm and wind the puller or something?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Indeed but they are a cheap set, will likely work but there are better made ones on Amazon.

It literally clamps behind the metal cylinder stuck on your spindle and then you wind it. It then forces off the spindle. The winder would be screwing down onto the end of the spindle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they'll do the job, I'll try them (unless B&Q have any cheaper/better?) - on a bit of a budget being a Law student!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not sure about B&Q, I know Homebase do not either.

Best place is Halfords (probably expensive) or try toolstation / screwfix.

Amazon are quite reasonable to be fair.

C

·
0 Posts
They're to corroding in position on the 107. Rost Off Ice might do it, but more often that not you'll need to cut a slot with a Dremmel and use a screwdriver to open up the slot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a horrible feeling that I may need to go the Dremmel route (though I certainly can't afford one!) as I tried the puller this morning....the plastic bit came off after a while, but it's left the metal bit on!

:nono:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would a garage do this for me?

I can't afford the prices asked on eBay for the Dremmel and blades, and getting a bit desperate for the thing to be fitted!

D

·
0 Posts
Google wiper arm puller. They pull them off no bother.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got it done today, Kwik Fit (free of charge) used a blow torch to heat the offending item and it pulled straight off.

Finally I can clear my rear windscreen!

I now have another issue, however, and have opened up a new thread!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts