Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveveryone,

Someone decided to smash the vent window on the front drivers side last night!!!! Joys, just what I need before xmas!

It's a Peugeot 807 2007

Not to be a scrooge and avoid paying an expert to do the job but I don't have the money to call someone out.
You can get the glass on ebay for £25 but I can't find much info on fitting it. It seems to just pull out as the glass is broken and its just the seal but I presume it will be trickier to get the new one back in.

Dose anyone have any ideas, links to guides etc. I would be meeeeeega happy if so :)))

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers IamML :)

So I have the inner door panel off and the rest of the window out. Just not sure if the new one would have to flex too much to be put in.

I can see where the window bar that seperates the two windows runs down. So far I cant see anything to loosen that.

I will coninue inspecting and update. I'm goign to order the replacement now so that it will arrive tomorrow.

Any other ideas will be very helpful

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks IanML, I managed to get those bolts off although I wonder what they mean by the window guide?
If its the vertical column between the fixed and moving glass, I haven't yet seen any way to loosen or move that.
The window seals around the fixed glass can also be lifted off the door frame so I may be able to put the new glass in and then replace the seals around it.

I'll see what happens when the glass arrives tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Further research - it is secured by a single rivet at each end - 4x12 at the bottom and 4x8 at the top. I expect the measurements are in mm.

It would be in keeping with other removal procedures for the rivets to be drilled out and replaced by new ones (or you might be able to use self-tapping screws).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you find the info Ian?
So far I can't see the top or bottom of the window guide. There are various holes/ports in the door panel but the guide seems to continue all the way down inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts