Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been quoted £400 to remove the particle filter and remap on my car as the particle filter light is on. The filter has been cleaned i have discovered the eolys fluid is very low and i have been quoted by Peugoet £250 4litres to refill supply only. Then i would need to have the light turned off by diagnostics. trying to figure out what is the best course of action.Is it best to remove it and pay the extra? do you think this is a good price? can any one personally recommend someone Birmingham area? I have a mechanic who i use but im not sure if they have done this before. im hoping for the light to go off after all of this!

J

·
0 Posts
Betty.... restrain yourself :D :lol:

It cost me half of what you have been quoted to have the tank refilled and counters reset etc, and that was a Peugeot dealer too..... so your Peugeot dealer is taking the Michael!

J

·
0 Posts
Ask them for a breakdown of the quote.... I'll find my quote and we'll see just where they are ripping you off.

EDIT: invoice attached for mine... £140.88 incl. VAT

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Those are the cheapest dealer charges I've EVER seen!
They obviously make their money somehow.... but not too much with me though. They won't change parts for the sake of it, not if they aren't 100% sure it will do the job.... wouldn't even change the EGR valve when I had problems as they couldn't guarantee it was the root cause, and I've read how so many garages would change it without thinking twice.

Hopefully, I've got a reasonable dealer to work with :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi

the quote from peugeot was just for 4 litres of Eolys fluid.Supply only.The quote for £400 to remove the dpf? (is it?) privately from a mechanic who does this.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Be careful about getting your dpf removed as i had mine done but it keeps regenerating due to existing faults. I was told after the fact by the dpf remover that they shouldnt of done the car with its existing issues which sort of defeats the point as dpf removal is supposed to get rid of those issues. My car has no issues btw, they just couldnt do the job properly

Saying that though, my car does drive a lot better now, just once a week has a day of annoying regens then gone again for a week. Oh and i had mine remapped too

·
Registered
302 Posts
im getting mine removed tommorrow costing 499 lot less than pugeot wnted to replace my dpf and top up my eloys they qouted me 855+ vat so in the long run its cheap and more eco mine is a 2.0 d turbo hdi on an 02 plate

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Be careful about getting your dpf removed as i had mine done but it keeps regenerating due to existing faults. I was told after the fact by the dpf remover that they shouldnt of done the car with its existing issues which sort of defeats the point as dpf removal is supposed to get rid of those issues. My car has no issues btw, they just couldnt do the job properly

Saying that though, my car does drive a lot better now, just once a week has a day of annoying regens then gone again for a week. Oh and i had mine remapped too
Mine kept regenerating after removal but touch wood they took it in for the day changed the map well they did a custom map just for my car dont regen now but it did come up low additive the other day i just reset back to zero

Evolution did my map they might be able to help you.

http://www.evolutionchips.co.uk/Diesel_Particulate_Filter_Removal_DPF.html

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have been quoted £400 to remove the particle filter and remap on my car as the particle filter light is on. The filter has been cleaned i have discovered the eolys fluid is very low and i have been quoted by Peugoet £250 4litres to refill supply only. Then i would need to have the light turned off by diagnostics. trying to figure out what is the best course of action.Is it best to remove it and pay the extra? do you think this is a good price? can any one personally recommend someone Birmingham area? I have a mechanic who i use but im not sure if they have done this before. im hoping for the light to go off after all of this!
You can try these for a price i have my 407 done here its in bilston between wolverhampton and birmingham .

Car Servicing and Repairs - Bilston | Technically Autos Citroën

r you can get the fluid yourself and fill it and i can reset with my planet for you .

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/sale-20/various-parts-sale-brake-pads-eolys-fluid-etc-16747/

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know Bettyswallocks recommends knocking out the DPF but I cleaned mine out with a pressure washer and topped up the fuel additive by using the guides on this site. Turns out the fuel cap sensor was the root cause of the problem and I did need the help of my tame independant mechanic to finally get to the bottom of things. Final bill was a day or so of my own time with lots of swearing (my neighbour has a pit in his barn) and £180 from the mechanic which included supply of 2 litres of additive and top up kit found lurking in the back of his workshop, which I'm told is more than enough to last a while and supply and fitting the sensor and an ERG valve which I managed to blow due to the pressure build up.

I'm sure that with the help of the folks on this site you can sort the problems out for much less than you've been quoted. I'd offer myself but a bit far away.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ali.G.

I was toying with the idea of just cleaning mine out as im a dab hand at DIY mechanics and have all the tools. But the problem will just come back again, plus I don't have any of the electronic wizadry laptop equipment as ive read you need to rest counters and ecu's etc?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can just get someone on here with Planet to do your counters
Am liking the sound of that, if anyone can help me out there will be a few beer tokens and a home made curry as a reward lol :lol:

Is it difficult to take the dpf off and clean it? im a little short on cash at the mo so this would only be a temp measure, i would prefer to remove it totally but Tip Top want £450 for the job (hardware & software)

J

·
0 Posts
Nige65 is Birmingham based.... best to get in contact with him :thumb:

I think the hardest part is getting to it and removing it. You then got to be careful when cleaning as the material you are cleaning out is classified as toxic, I do believe.

Is yours the 2.0 or the 1.6?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts