Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Peugeot Partner Tepee 1600 Diesel (Single OHC)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing the clutch on my wife's Peugeot Partner but have run into some problems.
I even invested in a Haynes manual but I have been a little disappointed in it.
I would be very grateful if anyone out there can help with the following issues.

!. How do I establish exactly what engine and transmission I have?
There seems to be a bewildering array of different engines.
The Reg No is GL12 UTS and the VIN VF37J9HPOCJ551260.

2. I cannot remove the O/S (Driver's side) drive shaft.
There is an intermediate bearing on this shaft and removal requires two small screws to be removed to allow the fixing clamp to move. One of these screws is not moving and I think I have damaged the head in my attempts to shift it.
Can anyone tell me if I can get the gearbox out by simply leaving this shaft in place and slipping the gearbox away from it.

3. The main wiring loom is routed over the area where the gearbox and engine are joined. This blocks access to the bolts and I need to separate the plugs but I simply can't work out how to do this.

4. The Haynes manual instructs the removal of the front bumper but I cannot see what this would achieve.

I would be most grateful for any hints and tips.

Ronnie J

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,460 Posts
I did a little bit more digging, your gearbox appears to be the BE4 or 5, which are similar, the differences are internal (to my knowledge).
Your body type appears to be M59

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Peugeot Partner Tepee 1600 Diesel (Single OHC)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
\\Thank you for taking the time to send this and best wishes from a wet and windy Scotland. Having certainty of what engine I have is a great help.
The attachments are also very helpful.
They give clear step by step guidance which is far better than the vague and sometimes ambiguous instructions given in the Haynes manual I purchased.
Can you give me details of how to access these instructions? It would be very convenient if I could access problem issues as they arise.
Since making my first enquiry I have encountered problems removing the starter motor and the Haynes manual is no help whatever.
It is now full daylight and as warm as it will get today so I am off to have another few hours under the car.

Thanks again, any help you can offer will be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ronnie Johnston
Blackwood,
Scotland.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts