Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi anyone know how to do the above and where the screws are located to remove front bumper so that i can replace grill thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
ltfcrule said:
hi anyone know how to do the above and where the screws are located to remove front bumper so that i can replace grill thanks
From memory, and if its the same as a 4 door, couple of screws in each wheel arch, along the top of the bumper under the bonnet and some of those screw/clippy things underneath.
The only real trick to it is where the top of the bumper clips in to the wing.
If you are sitting facing the wheel with the front of the car to your right, the top edge of the bumper that meets with the wing has 2 clips incorporated in the bumper mould. These are about 10 cms along from where the bumper meets the wheel arch. When fitting the bumper you just push it into place and these clips lock in. Getting them out is not so simple.

Sorry for the rubbish explanation, it's hard to describe!
I can send you some pics if you like which should help you understand...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
REMOVAL - REFITTING FRONT BUMPER

1 - SPECIAL TOOLS

Hook for removal of the clip (-).1339, cut at the length of 10 mm . Can use a long screw driver

2 - REMOVAL

NOTE : the radiator grille is solid with the bumper .

Remove :

the headlamp wash jets
the cover under the engine
Detach the mud shields at the front .

Remove the fasteners (1) .

Engage the tool [1] and carry out a quarter turn to release the bumper clips (2) .

Remove :

the fasteners (3)
the 4 clips (4)
the bumper
WARNING : do not damage the radiator grille on passing through the bonnet lock .

3 - REFITTING

Position the bumper and clip on each side .

Continue the fitting operations in the reverse order to removal .

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
special tools or long screwdriver

REMOVAL - REFITTING FRONT BUMPER

1 - SPECIAL TOOLS

Hook for removal of the clip (-).1339, cut at the length of 10 mm . Can use a long screw driver

2 - REMOVAL

NOTE : the radiator grille is solid with the bumper .

Remove :

the headlamp wash jets
the cover under the engine
Detach the mud shields at the front .

Remove the fasteners (1) .

Engage the tool [1] and carry out a quarter turn to release the bumper clips (2) .

Remove :

the fasteners (3)
the 4 clips (4)
the bumper
WARNING : do not damage the radiator grille on passing through the bonnet lock .

3 - REFITTING

Position the bumper and clip on each side .

Continue the fitting operations in the reverse order to removal .
Any Idea as to how long the Long screwdriver would have to be I need to remove the front bumper to get to a leak But do not want to start doing the job unless either in posession of some special tool or a Long enough screw driver LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts