Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2007 307sw and the remote locking only works (sometimes) when I'm sat in the car. I've replaced batteries with Duracell ones not cheap ones and re sync'd the key etc. Now reading the forum I have learned the receiver is in the comms unit and this becomes faulty.

My question is if I replace the comms unit with a doner one to I have to get it programmed in anyway to match it with my key?

I have to replace/upgrade the steering wheel to a cc one as mine is peeling and would like to nail this first time

TIA :)

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No, but make sure it is am exact match for your existing one [same p/n] as there are variants.

Make sure the plugs in to your existing one are clean/corrosion free/making good contact with the pins, no bent pins etc as this is often a fault with the comms2000 unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok looks like I'm going to have to get it off first before sourcing one to do checks and retrieve part number etc. Mine has cruise and audio controls too so can these be swapped over or will the replacement have to come with them?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Cruise and audio are swapped over. The p/n should be on the main unit.

Check the plugs in the unit first before replacing the unit, they may be your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonight I removed the steering column cowling and removed and checked the comms unit plugs and pins also wiring all looks good. No change in locking still works with key under column but soon as move it away it doesn't work.
Next stage replace unit complete.

Will update out come :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts