Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 diesel 53 plate battery light remaining on and apparently wife said " econ" lit up earlier in evening.Have to lock car manually as key fobs won't activate central locking or mirrors (won't wind in) Led display in middle of dash remain on too.
Any ideas how to rectify please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Further help needed

Thanks for your help reliable406. I have checked the output from the battery with the engine running and have 14v showing on the tester. Do you still think this is an alternator problem? I don't want to waste over £100.Your advice would be appreciated? Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
How old is the battery?

They only last so long, there was another thread were eco mode came on and turned out it was a bad battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ongoing query

Ok thanks for your help.Is there an easy way to test the battery? I am limited for time this weekend so if you have any ingenious ideas . I have a circuit tester and although practically minded, electrics are not my forte. Also ought to point out that when i tested and got 14v reading that this was from immediate cold start and engine had not been running more than 2 mins if this helps? Can the eco mode be overridden and switched off?
Cheers guys

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Checking a battery with a voltmeter won't give you any indication of the battery condition. Even a high rate discharge test can say a bad battery is good. There are some dedicated battery condition testers available but these really are too expensive to make them a serious buy for individual use. These testers can identify individual cells that are failing.

I've come across batteries that show 13.5 volts when checked with a voltmeter but cannot supply the current required to turn the starter motor and drop to a couple of volts as soon as you try to start the engine due to the high demand on the battery.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Halfords or a local motor factor can check the condition of your battery for you generally free of charge. They've got a dedicated battery & alternator tester device.

Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts