Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Changed to ref. 98062099XT COM2000.

Remote keys no longer working, part is almost new (has 2 years).

I start engine, etc but can't lock and unlock with remote one key.

Can anyone help me?

I tried to disconnect battery for 5 minutes, then tried to put key in for 10 seconds and press lock button but still nothing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. It happened after new COM unit replacement which includes trip computer and cruise control. Coded with DiagBox. All done, still nothing.

The COM unit has anything with remote keys?

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Yes the com unit has the remote receiver in it so it may be a com without receiver you have fitted but its unlikely cant be many variants without remote locking

·
5,997 Posts
Looks like its got an external receiver (clipped over ign barrel) did the cable get damaged or a pin bent when it was unplugged

Sorry just realised i was on the wrong track, key is detected (the receiver i was talking about) is not the problem. I miss-read the post and thought it was not starting.

Have you reset the keys by pressing and holding lock button within 20 seconds of ign on and are fob batteries in good condition

·
5,997 Posts
What year is the van, it maybe if the new COMM is a lot younger that it works on a different frequency than your older fobs

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Thats exactly what i was thinking as most of the newer vehicles seem to need different diagnostic gear there may have been software changes so the newer unit is not fully compatible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new unit came from a same Expert, my keys are same as shown on link, ID46, HU83, 2 buttons.

So I don't understand why it doesn't work. My another part which came with van is not longer on market to be bought, so the new reference is which I provided, all is same, no differences, why the heck it's not working....

Only thing this COMM has more is Cruise Cont., Speed limiter, and trip computer, so I don't understand....

Please help.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
The comm unit having cruise is irrelevant as this can be fitted to ANY comm unit

We are not saying the key is different we are saying the newer comm unit does not recognise your key remote signals as this is different

IE newer key may LOOK the same but radio frequency of remote is different

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The comm unit having cruise is irrelevant as this can be fitted to ANY comm unit

We are not saying the key is different we are saying the newer comm unit does not recognise your key remote signals as this is different

IE newer key may LOOK the same but radio frequency of remote is different
How can I see if remote frequencies are other?

My key freq is 433Mhz.

·
5,997 Posts
Post your VIN number then i can double check on service box. I cannot see that number listed for any Expert on service box

You can also check your RPO number Keys changed (but looked the same) from RPO 11750 so if your RPO is less than this then it uses a different COMM unit

1 - 20 of 45 Posts