Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well when i bought the car i didnt realise that it only had 1 key and that is basic it unlocks the doors and starts the engine so must have a chip in it but i would like a remote central locking key as i have children and its not always easy to run round and lock it manually.
So what iam asking is it possible to get a remote key programmed with no handbook and how much is this likely to cost?with trying to avoid going to the stealers!!and if anyone could recomend someone in the southwest that would be great:thumb: many thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had to have this done recently... you will need:

a keyfob (got mine off ebay with circuit board and battery plus old, useless chip, for about £10)

a blade cut (best find a seller on ebay offering cut to keycode/vin or photo of original blade, about £10-15)

your keycode (service available on here for a small cost)

a new chip for the transponder

someone with Planet

The process to program the new remote key (availble on here FOC)

·
Registered
437 Posts
What year is your car?

Some people say you can use second hand fobs with new transponders on pre face lifts but this didn't work for me but seems to have worked for Samwell.

Face lifts have to be new remote fobs as the transponder is soldered to the circuit board.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had to have this done recently... you will need:

a keyfob (got mine off ebay with circuit board and battery plus old, useless chip, for about £10)

a blade cut (best find a seller on ebay offering cut to keycode/vin or photo of original blade, about £10-15)

your keycode (service available on here for a small cost)

a new chip for the transponder

someone with Planet

The process to program the new remote key (availble on here FOC)
Transponder chips from this site, Peugeot ID45 Transponder [sa22] - $4.20 : cost £2.69 delivered, there are two types ID45 and ID46, I dont know what the difference is though so you will need to open up your key and look to see what you have now:thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
all 307's use id46 transponder. You can program a used fob on the prefacelift 307 as the transponder is a separate carbon type. The facelift 307 uses a canbus remote with the transponder soldered onto the cirtcuit board so the remote has to be new

Also when you search for 307 remote on ebay most of them are listed as 206 207 306 307 etc! remotes are model specific so if it has a few models in the listing then you need to email the seller & ask what car it came from.

As an example there's 4 Pug 206 remotes that all look identical but are model specific depending on year of car & if it has front fogs or not

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for all your replies well to update you on my story i dont have a clue about keys but i called out a man who is a locksmith and is able to program keys.Anyway he told me he could get the code using my vin no however when he came today he said that the code he has been given the car will not accept so he was unable to program a remote key?
He believes that the ecu of the car has been changed and that the key i have is a replacement.
What i would like to ask you is,is this possible for my car to have had the ecu replaced (no paperwork with car) and the only key i have opens the doors and petrol cap and starts the car with no problems.
He has advised that i go to the main dealer which is ok but i think i will be looking around £200 for a key?
Also it is a 2002 307 hdi if that helps?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dont goto a locksmith...

I visited about 5 different locksmiths when I needed a replacement key... Timpsons said no at first then said some of their places did it but it would be £250+ for the blade and cut, not programmed, it was heading towards £500, I ran away.

My local locksmith who has sorted out spare keys for EVERY car Ive had before tried, 3 times, but got the same answer your locksmith gave you. Their machines will "read" the code but wont program to a new chip... its the same old story time and time again.

A few others said they wouldnt bother, go to Pug, some looked and gave stupid prices and others said other things...

Im really glad I found this forum! I managed to get a key cut and keyfob off ebay then found a local Planet owner who sorted me out AND did me a full diagnostics check....

there ARE some nice people in the world... you may find a lot of them on here :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts