Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hoping anybody can help with this. Basically, my Peugeot 207 remote key is working remotely, but only when inside the car next to the steering wheel.
The central locking does work, but only when I insert the key into the lock. The key also starts the car. At first I thought it didn't work at all, as I visited one shop who told me my key is dead. I then went to Timpsons, who told me it does work (they tested to see if the remote is sending a signal, which it did). I then reinitialised the remote to the car once I replaced the fob battery.

In a nut shell, it does work, but clearly the signal is VERY bad, rendering it useless anyway as I cant unlock the car remotely outside the car.

Could it be the device in the car which detects the remote?

Any advice would be grateful, thank you.

·
Registered
876 Posts
its probably a dry joint on the pcb which separates the transmitter part of the board to the antenna, hence weak signal.
We have the same, in our case i have packed the case next to the battery with kitchen roll packed in tight, this stops the board bending when buttons pressed.
Not the right fix but works for now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi. I had this problem for 2 years. tried main dealer, auto electrician neither any good. Was recommended someone called 'thecarkeyking' on ebay. He repaired it for £16.99 and it now works perfectly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its probably a dry joint on the pcb which separates the transmitter part of the board to the antenna, hence weak signal.
We have the same, in our case i have packed the case next to the battery with kitchen roll packed in tight, this stops the board bending when buttons pressed.
Not the right fix but works for now.
stripe88, do you mean the pcb on the remote or the pcb in the car? Forgive me, I don't know much about this sort of thing haha!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. I had this problem for 2 years. tried main dealer, auto electrician neither any good. Was recommended someone called 'thecarkeyking' on ebay. He repaired it for £16.99 and it now works perfectly.
scoey1001, excellent thank you, I'll try him!

·
Registered
876 Posts
yes remote pcb, if you take it out and power it running wires wires, you can press the switches without bending the board to test.
as scoey says probably best to send it off, bet its a easy fix in the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had exactly the same problem, remote working only when held next to the steering wheel. Resoldered joints on the fob's circuit board (especially those connecting the thicker tracks (antenna) on both sides of the board with the small capacitors) and now the remote is working like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts