Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a 2003 307 HDi and I'm starting to learn about all the bits it has. This is my first attempt at a French car after two European Fords si there is some adjusting to be done.

When I press unlock on the remote key (I only have 1 key) the blinkers flash quickly but nothing else happens. I can unlock the doors manually, and I can lock with the remote key. Am I missing something here as to why the doors don't unlock?

I also found out that if I sit in the car and press either lock or unlock on the remote key the doors lock. Is that normal?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi,

I've just bought a 2003 307 HDi and I'm starting to learn about all the bits it has. This is my first attempt at a French car after two European Fords si there is some adjusting to be done.

When I press unlock on the remote key (I only have 1 key) the blinkers flash quickly but nothing else happens. I can unlock the doors manually, and I can lock with the remote key. Am I missing something here as to why the doors don't unlock?

I also found out that if I sit in the car and press either lock or unlock on the remote key the doors lock. Is that normal?
try a bsi reset failing that is sound like one of the door actuators needs replacing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update on this one if anyone can assist...........

The door lock mechanisms seem to work fine because when I use the key manually in the door all doors unlock OK. I have tried a BSI reset (due to a different problem) but nothing has changed.

When the car is locked and I press the unlock button I hear a fairly quiet sound (from the drivers door?) but there is no action other than fast flashing of the indicators.

Another thing I noticed a while ago but I'm not sure if it is still the same - If I have the key INSIDE the car and press the unlock button, the car locks.

It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
drivers door is the master switch for the central locking so if it is not working correctly the central locking will misbehave.

The locking from inside the car may be normal as it may be part of the auto lock system so if the keys are in the car any button locks it for panic reasons !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's interesting.

The remote signal is picked up as seen by the flashing indicators - dull noise heard - key manually operates the drivers door mechanism and also then the rest of the doors.

Perhaps an issue with the remote key input to the drivers door mechanism (assuming it is a different path to what operates the indicator flashing)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts