Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the remote key fob on my 207 2008 1.4 vti has never worked unless it is right next to the ignition barrel. This is the same with my spare. Both batterys have been checked and are fine. Also main dealer looked at it and couldn't diagnose the problem.

I have read on here about soldering part of the circuit board to improve signal strength. Can anyone who has done this tell me which part as it seems so intricate I can't see how you would do it. Or any other advice would be much appreciated, been trying to solve this on and off for over a year now. See pictures for inside the fob. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
If both keys are suffering the same lack of performance I'd be looking at the car instead of the key...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point taken. I take it there is no way to diagnose this? Is it just a case of replacing the comm2000 unit and hoping that does the trick?

·
Registered
357 Posts
The remote receiver appears to live there, so maybe.

Might be worth trying a bsi reset if you haven't already?

There are ways to diagnose, but if you had access to the kit required to properly test RF gear you probably wouldn't need to ask about it...

Personally, I'd rip the comm unit open and see what's inside - if you're looking to buy another either way there's nothing to lose.

I'm not doing it on mine though, mine works :p

However, if you do replace it I could very well be interested in a broken one so I can justify doing the ripping apart learning process ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. However just remembered that at the dealers they had a reciever unit to test keys and neither of mine was sending a signal out. Which would make me think that the problem would be with the key? Is there part of the internals of the key that can wear over time which reduces the signal strength maybe? as both keys are old and battered.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Get hold of Trustme on this forum, he is a vehicle locksmith and should be able to test/repair your fobs for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts