Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have 2 keys for the car, one works fine, the other doesn't. Both for the car.

Reprogrammed them both last night with Peugeot planet, and tested both keys, both worked to lock and unlock the car.

This morning, only the originally working key will lock and unlock it again.

Tried reprogramming the non working one again by doing the ignition on and holding button method. Nothing. Simply won't work again.

I haven't tri going through the planet reprogramming again, as it seems something is a bit odd seeing as it was working after I did that last night.

It's got brand new batteries in that key (as I thought that was the problem initially)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if I can take the key blade and put it into a new shell with new electronic gubbins?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought another key off ebay, was sold as tested and working, so no reason to doubt it.

Reprogrammed both keys.

As before, only my original key works. Replaced battery in the newly purchased one and tried again. Nothing. Tried reprogramming the original spare key again, just incase, and still nothing.

Seems only the one key will work.

I'm starting to wonder if there's some issue with the BSI not remembering more than one key for some reason, as I go through the programming on PP2000 and at the start it says how many keys belong to the car and shows "1" - so I change it to 2, go through the process (to discover it still doesn't work). Each time I've tried programming again, I notice it still only shows 1 key as belonging to the car, despite me telling it 2 and it saying it's learnt 2 keys each time i program them.

I guess it's the age old issue of French car + electronics = fail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps, but then I would have thought PP2000 would show more than 1 key programmed each time i run it?

What is more confusing, is that I gather the 'coding' procedure is so that the chip in the key fob is recognised by the car, so the imobiliser is disarmed thus allowing the car to be started.

Both keys start the car fine, it's just the remote locking that it's refusing to listen to. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts