Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 2006 207 1.6 hdi. It came with two keys, but the remote locking buttons on both keys do nothing. Both keys will unlock manually and start the car without issue, but will not operate the remote unlocking.

I have tried the key resynchronization method from the manual, and another few online, but no result.

Could the RCL receiver be at fault? If so where is this located? Any other ideas?

I'm going to try monitoring the antenna signal on an oscilloscope, and see if there's any activity.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Benj,

Sorry can't help but thought id keep an eye on this thread as my 2 remote key fobs don't work either. I tried the following;

- resynching as handbook
- Checked Batterys
- Took to main dealer, said neither key was sending a signal out

So i don't know if the circuit board inside the fobs can stop working etc?

I think the receiver is in the indicator/wiper stalk (comm2000 unit)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry can't help but thought id keep an eye on this thread as my 2 remote key fobs don't work either. I tried the following;

- resynching as handbook
- Checked Batterys
- Took to main dealer, said neither key was sending a signal out

So i don't know if the circuit board inside the fobs can stop working etc?

I think the receiver is in the indicator/wiper stalk (comm2000 unit)
I suppose key failure could be the issue too.

wouls also short the lock microswitch button on one of the fobs, just to rule out switch faults.
The switches are all functional.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Strange thing about mine was after 10 months of not working one day after messing around under the bonnet with battery disconnected for a bit it decided to work again? for about half a day then stopped again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested the key today and it seems to be outputting a signal of some sort. I will try a BSI reset next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using your key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds. It will set your ECU in programming mode.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Press the buttons on the key repeatedly for operation (lock und unlock doors) to synchronise the key signals.
5. Again turn the ignition on and start the engine.
6. Turn the ignition OFF

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using your key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds. It will set your ECU in programming mode.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Press the buttons on the key repeatedly for operation (lock und unlock doors) to synchronise the key signals.
5. Again turn the ignition on and start the engine.
6. Turn the ignition OFF

Hi mate, i tried this and after the 10 seconds of holding the lock button i could hear a feint click noise (programming mode?) but then after carrying out the other steps no joy.

I tried a second time and it let me lock the car using the fob from inside the car. But then i got out and nothing. Any ideas? also should step 4 be done from inside? and how many times to press each button and for how long? cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi mate, i tried this and after the 10 seconds of holding the lock button i could hear a feint click noise (programming mode?) but then after carrying out the other steps no joy.

I tried a second time and it let me lock the car using the fob from inside the car. But then i got out and nothing. Any ideas? also should step 4 be done from inside? and how many times to press each button and for how long? cheers
I only did it a couple of times and from outside the car with the door shut. Worked on my spare key that the car had forgotten.

·
Registered
877 Posts
then you are in the same boat as me, some on net say to re soilder the track where the battery pins touch the pcb, but i did this and no joy.
have also pulled all wires from the com unit and cleaned...no joy
i have a new key and virgin chip to code but i havnt got the pin number and not sure if she is keeping the car so dont want to waste money on it.

keep thread updated if you discover anything.

·
Registered
330 Posts
then you are in the same boat as me, some on net say to re soilder the track where the battery pins touch the pcb, but i did this and no joy.
have also pulled all wires from the com unit and cleaned...no joy
i have a new key and virgin chip to code but i havnt got the pin number and not sure if she is keeping the car so dont want to waste money on it.

keep thread updated if you discover anything.
Hi mate, great another thing that's not straightforward with this car lol.

Sure i saw someone on here recently saying that all key codes are now free at dealers. Might be worth a go if you haven't tried already.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts