Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was remap day ,I had arranged to have an Elite map flashed into the ECU but after an hour and a Half the poor Guy had to give up as he could not get his Kess 2 to read the car.....And the bosch ecu on show had him fooled as he was looking for a Siemen's ecu which we now know is under the bosch auto gearbox ecu. Well he kept waiting for head office to phone him back ,so I said leave it and I knew where I could get the job done.

Off to Quantum mapping , Dave Guilford ( was Mr superchips) is the man when others say it cant be done he can !. He read my software edition 206 and said its a ECU out and solder and chip write. This was because this 407s software was not in their maps library..it is now, so any other auto 2004/5 2lit hdi owners any Quantum dealer will have access to my map for your upgrade

Peugeot - 407 - 2.0 HDI - 136
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Original HP: 136 Tuned HP: 164 HP Increase: 20 %
Original Nm: 320 Tuned Nm: 380 28 Nm Increase 18%

Quantum Tuning - Chip Tuning | ECU Remap | DPF Removal | Engine Tuning

Different car now :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that the mappings done , the auto gearbox ECU... is it now time for a software update . I realise that the new parameters will have to be learnt so its a bit indecisive on changing ...anyone had an update applied to their auto ?? thanks Kim

C

·
0 Posts
I am liking the Power gains. Does it pull alot better and is it more fuel efficient now? Also how much did it cost?

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am liking the Power gains. Does it pull alot better and is it more fuel efficient now? Also how much did it cost?

Cheers
It pulls like its in sport mode ..just sits nearer the bite point to take off drastically reduces the lull of take up drag. zeroed the trip and on the mixed driving home showed 47mpg ...Cost, you can negotiate a price with any of the agents ,there does not seem to be a set price. From my research any where from £150 to £300 with the guys up north doing best with prices . I always ask how much will you do it for ,and how would you like the payment.

Flushed and refilled the cooling system added the right anti freeze and a bottle of Forte cooling system conditioner ready for winter.

I am waiting now for a nearly empty tank so I can use the bottle of cataclean I got from europarts on reduction. Apart from trying to get a good price on putting in the new glow plugs I have, that's about it for the winter ..Happy days Kim :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
55 Plate 2.0 HDi 407sw Blanked EGR & 2 STROKE
Just a question is it 300ml of 2 stroke oil and what are the benefits of adding ? cheers Kim

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just a question is it 300ml of 2 stroke oil and what are the benefits of adding ? cheers Kim
I normally use millers ecomax. just started using (last two fill ups) low ash 2 stoke oil putting 150ml per tank full. mpg 46 local running just the same as millers ecomax. engine just as quiet nice and smooth no smoke at all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car had a new one 27k ago, mappers said would last me a long time ..The only thing they could not do for mine was switch off the egr on the map for my model .
Recommended I took out the blank off and clean up the EGR , but I am going to leave well alone unless I get a problem. I shall bang some Forte EGR and turbo cleaner around.
I had my Volvo 2.5 turbo Terracleaned £115 Cannot say I was impressed ,so I shall use Forte and report back what the results are , Kim

C

·
0 Posts
300ML in every tank quieten engine down a bit and improves the mpg I believe its something to do with the new low sulphur diesel losing some of it lubricating properties a bit like the old 4 star petrol when it went to unleaded.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ,I have bought some 2 stroke and I will give it a go..

Have some forte automatic gearbox additive , this worked well on 2 of my cosworth Scorpios much slicker changes....no Bloomin tube to pour it down though. I will have too trolley jack it up with my 4x4 jack ...I cannot believe how low the car is. cheers Kim :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Cheers
Sorry I can now evaluate the performance a bit more. Its no Volvo D5 which I have driven... I asked for a map for a caravan tug ...I might end up going back for a performance upgrade. I shall see after cleaning out the turbo and injector's this week if I need more :lol: kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on performance ...these 407 2lit Diesel ECUs seem to take a lot of miles to learn driving style but ,have now done around 700 miles and showing 48.6 avg. A little bit of town and a M25 30 miles blast/ creep to work .
Have forgotten what it drove like before the remap , like the torque between 50 to 70 ..The map I think allows for the auto box ,because there is no pull away toque steer or wheel spins ,just a nice up the road sharpish. When my
V70 2.5 auto was mapped by same Elite mappers, it would wheel spin and get interesting with a floored throttle . But there again, 28mpg over 48 mpg, I am beginning to like this car, Kim :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts