Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car has done 115k, engine sounds sweet as a nut though boosts fine and no smoke or anything. i'm after getting it remapped, can you feel much difference with just a stage 1 remap? or is it worth going to stage 2? and what sort of price would i be looking at for parts to get it to go to stage 2, such as a front mount and exhaust

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had my Xantia 1.9TD breathed upon my Vanaaken at 105k miles.Took power from 92 bhp to 112 bhp.I ran that till 177k miles wth no issues.I had my 406 Hdi 110 remapped to 140 bhp at 56k miles,and ran that to 213k miles(still with the original dmf and clutch)untill a suspected piston ring failed.But it had done alot of caravan towing,and i dont exactly have a light foot!!!!
I`ve just fitted a tuning box to my 407 2.2 Hdi,170 bhp to 205 bhp.That car has 163k miles on it.I`ve left the tuning box on setting 3(out of 9)its made quite a difference,and i`ve gained a good 4-5 mpg,which is why i fitted it.After a 2.0 ltr Hdi,the 2.2 Hdi is very thirsty!
In my experience,all those cars gained extra mpg,and went alot better.As long as you stick to the servicing,and your clutch is good(no dmf on the 90`s),you should be ok.
Some tuning firms dont recommend stage 2 or above on high milage cars.Thats why i wanted a plug n play tuning box.It was only £75 off ebay,from a tuning firm.They do a box for the 90 hdi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi mate, i've got the exact same car. 307 s hdi 90. was there much of a difference after the map? any mpg gains?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It certainly has more low end power along with a smoother uptake,i do a lot of town driving but the mpg was 5-10 mpg better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts