Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas/suggestions for the lack of power and checks i could do would be appreciated,,, here is copy of email I have just sent to steve at hdi tuning which is self explanatory(i think) could it be a turbo problem, do you hear it kick in ? does it have anything that controls turbo that could be causing problem??
Hi Steve,
fitted the remapped ecu to my 307, took it for mot ,it passed ,only drove about 20 miles there and back, didnt seem to have the oomph that my remapped to 160bhp that my rover 75 2.0 diesel had, but wasnt sure as i only drove it relatively slowly as due cambelt change and to be honest just assumed it would go when it was revved higher,,,,,, so as it was my spare car and 7 seater i gave it to my son in law/daughter who collected it last night,,,
Got a phone call from them this morning that the car had no power for a 170 remap and on their 2 hour drive home the car slowed to about 40ish going up hills,, no faults came up on the cars display.
I put the car on my peugeot planet diagnostics before i gave them it and it said it did not recognise the ecu but showed no faults
can i assume the remap caused the diagnostic to 'not recognise ecu' is this normal????
could you suggest anything i could have done or could do that may have caused problem?? i did disconnect dpf wires and egr plug,,,
would plugging egr back in be worth trying...
if my son in law cannot get any fault codes up at friends garage later i will travel up with my diagbox/peugeot planet at weekend and try a diagnostic
I suspect it could be something stupid, but if we cant resolve it
would you have anymore success diagnosing ecu if we sent it back(as a last resort)????
Thanks
Vincent

·
11,706 Posts
I put the car on my peugeot planet diagnostics before i gave them it and it said it did not recognise the ecu but showed no faults
can i assume the remap caused the diagnostic to 'not recognise ecu' is this normal????
That sounds like you have one of the few 307s that need a revision C Lexia cable and Diagbox 7.

My last 307 was like this, but every single 307 I'd diagnosed over the years always worked with Planet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its 2004 307sw xsi 2.0 136bhp had the 170bhp remap with dpf and egr delete

The son in law has taken it to his mate who works for a garage, he diagnosed it and the fauts were all turbo related, the mate a mechanic but not the boss said it was the air inlet pipe leaking(he could hear it )but he could not work on the car as his boss would not allow it at 'mates rates',,,, he then got a quote from the garage he takes his company cars to and they said 6 hours and £300 to fix,,,,,
I have said dont put it in garage as the price will only escalate and that i will do it, so the car is coming back to me on the may bank hols and hes taking my car while i sort out the 307 turbo problem........
I know the turbo is a nightmare to work on and that i will have to either move the engine forward and work from top or drop subframe and work from below,,,
If anyone has worked on the air inlet pipe on turbo and has any pics or diagrams/advice or links they/it would be gratefully received
thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Would I be right in saying this is a 307 2,0 136bhp?

The questions I would ask first, was the car running with plenty of power before the remap, was there any fault codes before the remap,

Many drivers get the car remapped to try and fix lack of power before looking into why the power has dropped it could be a simple fix like a blocked fuel filter or map/maf/egr sensors ect, or a blocked DPF/FAP system.

Did Steve at HDi tell you to remove and empty the DPF/FAP after the remapped ECU is in installed as when I had mine removed I removed my DPF/FAP before I had the remap done.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it had the innards of the dpf taken out before the remap,
i picked up the car from about 30 miles away, i drive like an old man(i am an old man !) i drive sedately so i never noticed any power problems, there was no smoking from exhaust and it drove smoothly, i had the remap purely to get rid of dpf and eoyls fluid problems,, the 170 bhp was for economy not for a need for power.. i never drove it up a hill it was in garden most of time being tidied up ready for mot which it passed i then gave it to son in law who lost power going up hills on his way home 2 hrs away but on the flat even though it has no turbo power drives smoothly,,,
i did not 'push'the car at all as it is due a cambelt change and didnt want to risk it or have any need for speed !
hope that answers your questions(see previous for car type and power etc)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I would be looking at getting some live data done to see the if the map and maf turbo sensors are working as they should be , on mine I had a fault with the turbo repeat sensor on the car that give me a engine light I replaced mine and it was back on power then it dropped without any fault codes I replaced the turbo soleniod valve on the rear of the engine and was back to full power

the turbos on these cars are ok it's the daft sensors that give issues I fined if the car is lacking loads of power I would be looking at the sensors via live data first before replacing any parts, the doser flaps on the front of the engine leak and might cause you issues I replaced mine as it was leaking oil I got a new one cheap so I just replaced that,

I would also check the bottom intercooler hose as they can split.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. when i get it back i will try and get live data with my pp and go from there,steve from hdi tuning has said if i send him the live data he should be able to pinpoint fault, heres hoping,
still could do with a decent diagram of the engine and the location of the sensors, my haynes manual is rubbish when it comes to the 136 bhp rhr engine

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yeah the 307 manuel does not list the 136bhp if I remember I was told the 407 list it I would need to check there is a website you can buy the repair manual from and it gives you the list of what does what ect you can download it as well from the site,

If you find out what needs replacing pop back on am sure we could point you in the right direction of were it is :thumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the first thing i have to do i think is check the vacuum pipes,especially as son in laws mechanic friend says he can hear leak,
have trawled turbo threads and seems to be 2 different opionions as to gain access to turbo and thus vacuum pipes via
1) dropping subframe and going in below
2) taking off wipers and plastic valance and going in from above
as i have been told it is likely to be air inlet pipe on turbo could anyone advise whether top or bottom access would be best ???????????
thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
is it a lack of power from the word go or is it ok to start and then drops off? Im having trouble with my 2.0hdi 136 and its fine to start but then drops off. Turn the key off and restart and all ok.

I would check the vacuum lines starting from the vacuum pump. Also check the little white plastic tee piece which sits just by the oil filter. In each vacuum solenoid is a small sponge filter, give them a clean. You should have 3 vacuum solenoids, two downeby the alternator and one at the back of the engine. Check all three connections.

Here you can see the little white plastic tee piece on the vacuum line..

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76505&stc=1&d=1524034484

These are the vacuum solenoid...
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76513&stc=1&d=1524034664

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is it a lack of power from the word go or is it ok to start and then drops off? Im having trouble with my 2.0hdi 136 and its fine to start but then drops off. Turn the key off and restart and all ok.

Its all the time, the son in laws friend (mechanic) said its the turbo air intake pipe,, i presume this would give total loss of turbo ???

Thank you for info/pics, at least i have a better idea what i am looking at/for !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That sounds like you have one of the few 307s that need a revision C Lexia cable and Diagbox 7.

My last 307 was like this, but every single 307 I'd diagnosed over the years always worked with Planet.
excuse my ignorance,how do i tell if i have a rev c lexia cable ??(i am going to shed now to see if its written on it !!)
and
if i need to update to diagbox 7, is this a simple job for a totally computer illiterate person( bought mine complete ,laptop/cables etc already loaded and running to avoid trying to do it myself..)
had a look at discs that came with it,diagbox 6.01/diagbox7.04 written on sticker on disc,
also separate sticker with PSA XS evolution AC965250(presume this refers to lexia cable)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you get any data yet? Email me if you did I'm not sure where we got to on this one...
Son in law is coming down for the bank holiday weekend with the car,
will leave the car here and drive my car back, so i can take a look at it and try and get some live data to send you, i hope to do this sometime after they have gone home on monday, so will send to you if i manage to do it, if pp/diagbox works(never done it before)assuming i can just take a picture at tickover and higher revs and attach it here or email to you??
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Steve,
emailed a few pics of live data at different revs and faults,hope they mean more to you than me !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bit the bullet, went to scrappy and got a boost solenoid from them £10,
only difference to mine was the third connector with short length of pipe to small air filter,, my original had filter built in..
vacuum tested the solenoid all worked correctly,fitted it ,
car now flies,no other problems, HOORAY ,
cheap vacuum tester and extending ,flexible LED mirror were a good cheap buy and made things a lot easier:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts