Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

2005 407 2.0hdi 136.

I have all of the kit (planet, ECUSafe and galletto) to perform a DPF removal on my car.

On further investigation it seems my DPF system is working fine but I'd still like to perform a remap on the car to get more fuel economy/drive-ability :thumb:

A few questions that I hoped some of you could shed some light on.\

Has anyone performed a remap themselves? Without a AFR feed and ignition timing data I'd be worried about attempting this...

My car has a intermittent p2562 code for turbo repeat signal inconsistency's. I only happens on steep hills so I'm not pressing on the expensive fix for this until I've checked all my vac lines and gone through the cheap options.

Can I get a remap on my bin if I were to clear the codes and send it to the mapper? Would it still run ok afterwards when the code appears?

Can I apply a DEFAP using ECUSafe in the future on to the mapped bin file?

Any advice is appreciated :)

Thanks all,

Ben

C

·
0 Posts
I'd be interested to see if you can get galletto to read the ecu.

I can't, some of the 2.0hdi's aren't readable with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't aware of that. It's a 2005 model if that makes any difference.

I'll install Galletto and see if it pulls the bin off!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a kick in the knackers.

I'm sure people on here have done a 2.0 hdi defap/remap? sebasteeno?

Cheers for the info by the way.

·
Registered
186 Posts
looks like I will be paying out the £160 to get mine remapped then as I have
2005 2.0hdi with the rhr lump in it too.
Then I will take it home n rip out the DPF :nod:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With VERY good reason.. Try reading your post again, and tell me what it wrong with it..
Don't worry, I've dyno tuned my Honda engines in the past so wouldn't attempt anything with a diesel without proper AFR/Knock/Ignition readings. :thumb:

I enjoyed tuning good power out of my Honda build but the whole diesel tuning game is another kettle of fish.

Seems to be quite a few tuners offering remaps out there. I wonder how they access the map?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ouch.

Thanks for the info.

With all this remap talk I'm convincing myself that I going about the whole thing arse backwards. I should focus on my P2652 code first! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't worry, I've dyno tuned my Honda engines in the past so wouldn't attempt anything with a diesel without proper AFR/Knock/Ignition readings. :thumb:

I enjoyed tuning good power out of my Honda build but the whole diesel tuning game is another kettle of fish.

Seems to be quite a few tuners offering remaps out there. I wonder how they access the map?
You really can't see your pretty grave error can you? :)

I suggest you start reading on how a diesel engine works BEFORE tampering with the ecu..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm not going to tamper with the ecu :) My intention was never to tune it myself, I just asked if anyone had :thumb:

As already mentioned the dyno time and hardware to extract the bin outweights the cost of getting someone reputable to do it :)

Hahaha it's twigged... no ignition timing on a diesel... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts