Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2L hdi 90bhp I was thinking about remapping it but if I did what kind of bhp would I get?. And is this a good idea with a car that's done 140,000 miles? Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I have the 1.6 90bhp that I had mapped, huge difference in performance. P Torque in Wolverhampton did it for me. From 90bhp to 120bhp (about)

Regards

Veggie

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was around 295 pounds including the rolling road,

Only you can decide if 150000 miles is too much, mine had 45,000 miles and full Peugeot service history,

Regards

Veggie

·
Registered
116 Posts
Remap yes, but not from a company...hell no.

Get yourself on some 306 forums, there's 2 reputable remappers on there who do wonders with the car for £75 a pop.
I believe between them, they would have remapped at least half of the 306's on the road in the UK.

If you have the standard 2.0 HDi90, then you have a nice little performance boost which is called a "Stage 1", which is basically altered fuelling times and slightly increased fuelling, giving you (on average) 120BHP.

On my old 306, I had it "Stage 1" remapped at 160k and its still pulling strong to this day on 180k. As long as you've looked after the engine, and will continue to look after it, theres a very low chance of it dying. I, however, cannot comment on the reliability of the 307 DMF, heard some horror stories when I was 307 hunting.

The remappers in question are:
Mr whippy - GoWhippy
or
Pro steve (just type him into google and click on any pug306.net or 306oc.co.uk link).

One you have the power bug, you can then move onto the "stage 2", which will require you to manually tune the turbo (unless on the 307's is ECU controlled) and add an intercooler. With this remap, your looking at about 150BHP+ and 250ftlb torque.
The standard HDi clutches are naff though, so you can either opt for a "low fat" map, which reduces the torque output to let the clutch cope, or upgrade the clutch. The 306 boys swap a GTi'6 flywheel and Dturbo clutch into their HDi's and works wonders for peanuts. Others go for a sports clutch, which can cost upwards of £300 and they're not exactly the best.

Just stick with the Stage 1 for now and please AVOID any generic remappers, not only will you be putting your ECU into safe hands, these people are professionals with the HDi ECU and know it inside and out.....plus the savings are awesome.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks rik
I was going to ask these guys as there down the road from me and was told there good but I don't know the price yet!
You know your stuff when it comes to pugs and there was some good info in there.
I don't want to thrash it around just want more power to over take when I need to, but I will give the map a good test at first :nod:

·
11,992 Posts
It all depends on how much longer you're going to keep the car and what obstacles might crop up in the future which cause a forced sale or scrappage.

S

·
0 Posts
Also depends on what system you have, bosch system = easy remap, siemens system = not many are willing to tackle this!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also depends on what system you have, bosch system = easy remap, siemens system = not many are willing to tackle this!
Why is the 307 so dam hard to do anything with?
If you want disc and pads there is 3 different sizes and 2 different callipers makes then this Bosch or Siemens!,.... I love the car but its a hassle to do any thing

·
Registered
207 Posts
its a PUG!! nuff said! but no seriously it seem the 307 are a pain in the backside for anything! never knew so much hassle with my 205gti or my 306xsi!

ive been thinking about this for a while now, mine's only got 82k and a bit... but i want to fit an intercooler before remap... thanks for the info on the mappers Rik1254 i think hes also on 205owners forums too, im sure i got some advice from him a while back!

·
Registered
116 Posts
You get what you pay for comes to mind .
More fool you then, do the leg work and find out all you can about the remappers.
Whippy has been doing them for at least 7 years and Steve for about 3. You will find hundreds of satisfied customers (baring in mind that all they remap is the HDi engine, compared to that of more commercial companies that remap a wide variety of engines with generic remaps that as sometimes tweaked to the customer specification).

IMHO, Whippy has more experience, but Steve lives near the RR in Tewkesbury in Gloucester and will happily come with you to tweak a remap on your car for an extra fee.

Tesimonial Thread
Just one of the many threads put up by happy customers (from back in 2010!)

·
5,071 Posts
More fool you then, do the leg work and find out all you can about the remappers.
Whippy has been doing them for at least 7 years and Steve for about 3. You will find hundreds of satisfied customers (baring in mind that all they remap is the HDi engine, compared to that of more commercial companies that remap a wide variety of engines with generic remaps that as sometimes tweaked to the customer specification).

IMHO, Whippy has more experience, but Steve lives near the RR in Tewkesbury in Gloucester and will happily come with you to tweak a remap on your car for an extra fee.

Tesimonial Thread
Just one of the many threads put up by happy customers (from back in 2010!)
oh this is gonna be fun

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can whippy map the 307's? He's only down the road from me.

Just because its cheap dont knock it....id say 90% of the places that remap have no experience regarding actually mapping cars, all they do is flash a generic map on the ecu and drive it down the road, and then claim a '40 bhp' increase with no proof :rolleyes:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Just because its cheap dont knock it....id say 90% of the places that remap have no experience regarding actually mapping cars, all they do is flash a generic map on the ecu and drive it down the road, and then claim a '40 bhp' increase with no proof :rolleyes:
I've been told he does :)
If people want to pay silly money then fine but whippy has a good name around the pug scene as I've read lots of threads about him and if he chooses not to rip people off then good for him (and us:) )

·
Registered
116 Posts
oh this is gonna be fun
:p

Yes he can, I'm having my 307 remapped from him (doing it via email), but when I get to my "Stage 2", I'm going to see him, he does much better work when he can drive the car himself and fine tune it.

I've been told he does :)
If people want to pay silly money then fine but whippy has a good name around the pug scene as I've read lots of threads about him and if he chooses not to rip people off then good for him (and us:) )
His prices are very reasonable, I've only used £75 as a ball park figure here mind, because he hasn't done as many 307's as 306's, the ECU information may be different and he would have to create a brand new "map" from scratch, obviously meaning more cost for his time.

However, if you do buy a "Stage 1" from him and then decide to remap again in the future, he will give you a discount on the next map. This normally only applies to you if your going from a Stage 1 to Stage 1.5/2 and he does both maps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts