Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

we at tuneside performance would like to offer 1 lucky member a remap at cost,in exchange for some good feedback on this forum.diesels only.
we are based in hinckley leicestershire and want 1 member on a 1st come 1st served basis to travel to us.
we can offer this price only once £115 all inc,or if you wish to have before and after rolling road runs we could do it for £150 all inc

kind regards tuneside ben

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
tunesideben said:
hello

we at tuneside performance would like to offer 1 lucky member a remap at cost,in exchange for some good feedback on this forum.diesels only.
we are based in hinckley leicestershire and want 1 member on a 1st come 1st served basis to travel to us.
we can offer this price only once £115 all inc,or if you wish to have before and after rolling road runs we could do it for £150 all inc

kind regards tuneside ben
I for one can say this is a good offer ( i paid £230 for mine ) and would be interested at the outcome, somebody take up the offer and report back with photo`s or better still video.

Thankyou tuneside ben.

ps.go for the rolling roads.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well, I was reaching for my phone there! "But first," I thought, "let's see what it'll do to the insurance."

So I phoned Churchill. who told me that they don't insure cars with modified ECUs - reason, people drive them into ditches with monotonous regularity.

Now, I put it to them that the 2.0HDi can be 110, 140, 163 or 170BHP and what was the difference between their insuring a 163BHP 407 and one that had been chipped from 136 to 163BHP? Their answer:

"Yeah, I know it's stupid but since last month we don't do it."

Yours, pissed off,

Purejoe

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
PureJoe said:
Well, I was reaching for my phone there! "But first," I thought, "let's see what it'll do to the insurance."

So I phoned Churchill. who told me that they don't insure cars with modified ECUs - reason, people drive them into ditches with monotonous regularity.

Now, I put it to them that the 2.0HDi can be 110, 140, 163 or 170BHP and what was the difference between their insuring a 163BHP 407 and one that had been chipped from 136 to 163BHP? Their answer:

Yours, pissed off,

Purejoe
You could say nothing (but i didn`t say that) ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
You could say nothing (but i didn`t say that) ;)
I'm with betty on this one! It's not like a tuning box where it's obvious. (not that I told the insurers about that either! A quick yank would have had it out!) On your head be it but what they don't know won't hurt them!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PureJoe said:

Yours, pissed off,

Purejoe

hello mate

you called yesterday and left your number unfortunately there is a digit missing,call me on my mobile 07783 662919

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chopper1192 said:
I'd have had your fingers off but you don't do my 308 :(

Presumably that also excludes the 206, 207, 307 and 407 with the same engine and FAP?

our tools dont list the 308 just looked in to it and they use the same ecu so yes the 308 could also be done.
sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
534 Posts
tunesideben said:
hello mate

you called yesterday and left your number unfortunately there is a digit missing,call me on my mobile 07783 662919
Been away a couple of days, I'll call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have been reading up for a few days now and just found this link on google
im looking to get my hdi mapped and have found a few good tuners local to me in rugby.
what power increase would i gat from a 306hdi

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
If only you were in Northern Ireland... I'd love you to do mine!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
stevoxsi said:
If only you were in Northern Ireland... I'd love you to do mine!
Kells Ballymena , Torquetronix theres a fella there called Wisehart he is brilliant done both mine and all my mates ,writes his own maps, £230.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Kells Ballymena , Torquetronix theres a fella there called Wisehart he is brilliant done both mine and all my mates ,writes his own maps, £230.
Cheers Betty. Will look into that! Just not quite as good a deal tho! :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
chip

Hi Tunesideben, have you already got someone to have the chp done, i am interested in doing it but wanted to check 2 things with you, my car is in great shape, owned since new, full service history (due 60k service now) it has done 64k.

I do a hell of a lot of motorway driving so would i gain better fuel economy?

I also at time tow a trailer or caravan, may sound like a daft question but would this cause any problems with the chip?

I cant see my insurance being a big problem but i will check with them monday.

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
307 2.0HDI 110 D-turbo? Very much interested. Would need to make a road trip down from Aberdeen though.

What would you expect to be the resultant figures? Bhp/Torque?

Not that I should expect it to be the case, but say I were unhappy with the outcome: Would you reset the ECU to the factory settings?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.